When you use stickers,do you use them all or just some?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

If you have partial,none or full stickers stories. please share them in this thread.

Way back in the 1980's. The only TF Toy I thought desperately needed all of it's stickers was 1985 Jetfire. the toy without the stickers applied looked bare,naked & void of persona character detail.

I haven't applied stickers to a Transformers toy in a long time. When I say a long time I'm not referring to a few years ago. I'm referring to decades ago.

A few days ago I got the Chance to apply stickers to my Kreo bigger Starscream toy. I bough this toy last week. it's from last years Kreo release sets.

This toy look really bare,naked & desperately needed some stickers. to add the much needed detail this toy was missing.

At first,I applied all the stickers on the toy. but some didn't look right,So I removed them.

The stickers I liked & I kept on the toy. was the Two chest in-take stickers. the jet wings stripes. the Two Decepticons insignia stickers.

I removed the lower legs stickers,the waist plate sticker. removed the forearm sticker. the red lights data tech sticker on the forearms.

I didn't bother to apply any of the stickers to Kreo bigger Vortex. Because I felt the toy didn't need the stickers. the mold wasn't as bare or naked looking like bigger Kreo Starscream was. All the different colored plastic & molded plastic details give this toy character detail.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ones I like.

3. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Generally, I don't apply stickers to my figures.

I'm always worried that they'll just peel off, and I really don't trust myself to apply them straight.

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I never applied the stickers to most of my 1980's TF toys. I thought they looked better without stickers.

I did make a few rare exceptions. 1985 Jetfire,1986 Rodimus Prime,Fortress Maximus.

I never applied any of the stickers on my Generation 2 toys.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all, i love stickers

6. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

I apply the majority of them but if they're in some dumb place that's gonna get ruined during transformation like near a door hinge I don't bother.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    For G1 figures, I place them where the instructions indicate.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is my answer, too.

On a couple occasions, when I sensed trouble coming, I trimmed a few millimeters off a sticker with an exacto knife before applying, to keep the edge of the sticker away from a potential trouble spot.

9. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Depends on how the toy will look with the sitckers on.

Take the current TakTom AM figures. Usually, I'll apply all the stickers. But for Darkness Megatron, I passed on sticking those pieces that have the squiggly lines on Megs. I just don't fancy those scribbles on Megatron.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I usually just put on ones where it will be animation accurate, or where it will break up large areas of colour. I did that with my Braves and some of the later G1 reissues I picked up - I only really did ones that were needed to improve the overall look.

I do the grand majority on Arms Microns / Kabaya toys because they need it, but sometimes I vary it up a bit for whatever I personally feel looks good. Arms Microns are a tricky one since I end up photographing them all for the site so I need to make them look "as they are meant to" :lol 

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Depends. Haven't touched a G1 since my childhood, but I applied the wing stripes and various small details on MP Skywarp and Starscream [the green one].

Haven't applied any stickers on my MP Rodimus, but that's mostly because they'll rub like crazy on transformation.

AM figures have poor stickers, so either I paint it myself if it's a simple colour [red, black, etc] or leave some out.

I do go crazy on my yamato valkyries, but still don't use all of it.

12. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

All of them. If they provide it, I use it.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Key stickers, or ones needed to break up blandness or cover joints. I rarely use the entire sheet.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

I use all of them. If I have some left over from one toy (extra faction symbols) I'll use them on other bots.