when you really think about it, OP vs BC was the best

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Oct 28, 2007.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    although Optimus Prime and Bonecrusher as a very short scene, when you really think about it, it was really the only robot vs robot battle that had a beginning, middle and an end without cutting to other scenes....which also makes it the best Robot on Robot battle in the entire movie.

Because in the downtown battle, there was alot of cutting between scenes such as sam running, optimus and megatron, mikaela and bumblebee, devastator and army guys. They cut back and forth alot between those few situations.

But for Optimus Prime and Bonecrusher, that was pretty much the best action sequence. It was shown very clearly without the frenetic camera technique and we even saw personality in the characters in such a short time. Such as Bonecrusher being an all-out warrior who lets nothing stand in his way and he hates everything especially Prime that he just jumps into battle regardless of his own safety. And as for Prime, he defends himself strategically using his surrounding as well as other resources available (his sword arm).

That fight lasted 40 seconds but we saw it clearly and it told us alot about the characters. We need more scenes like this and longer ones for the next movie.

I'm just expressing my appreciation for that scene. It really kicked the excitment level into high gear.

2. moocow

moocow God.

Honestly this actually was the only good fighting scene. Like you said all the other ones would cut and go to a different subject then back to the fighting.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Ok I'll grant you that it was a well orchestrated fight scene, and probably one of the better fight scenes. But it was soo short, it also made me hate that scene too. I've said this before; Bonecrusher suffered from what I call the Grievous effect. A character who I was really hoping would be a real badass, and ended up being a major dissappointer.
    Fuck Bonecrusher; he's just a little bitch.
    But you raise a good point.

4. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Yeah... did anyone see the animatic on the dvds showing some long Barricade vs Bumblebee fistfight involving all these ninja moves and punches and kicks? The movie was missing something like that. The whole sequence from Bonecrushers transformation to his death is one of the greatest giant robot scenes ever, but the movie needed more straight up mano-a-mano battles. And they need to be in full frame.

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think that this was the best one too, but i actually think the Barricade vs Bumblebee would have been the best if they had focused more on the robots instead of the humans.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I loved the way one of Bonecrsher's eyes poped out when Optimus Prime slammed his fist in Bonecrusher's jaw. You can see this through the windshield of the mom and son's car. :D 

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I thought Op vs Bonecrusher had a bit cut?
    Prime jumps off screen after punching BC, then next thing, he falls off the highway again and Bonecrushers still at ground level. I thought something was missing there. Unless Prime tried to Ground-Pound Bonecrusher or something.

8. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

i just wonder where did barricade go in that meanwhile

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Funny you should say that cause to me, the frequent camera in the car/window shot is one of things that would frequently ruin scenes in the movie for me.
    Esp. the shot in the Prime/Bonecrusher fight.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, because ANY Decepticon soldier can beat a guy who's been leader of the Autobots for a few thousand years. :rolleyes2 

11. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked the way it worked for this scene. I feel it was an effective way to do a closeup of the hit while still giving the size of the bots a sense of scale. I also liked the oil splatters on the windshield after the first hit.

I also liked the Starscream ariel combat scene. The way they had him bouncing back and forth between modes for the fight was great, just wish there had been more.

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, I liked the Starscream jet fight also. Overall, I'm just not a fan of the random person camera perspective in any movie. I think its pointless and detracks from the story.

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Exactly! :) 

But seriously, BC was just a huge disapointment. He let me down big time. I was expecting a bruiser like him to put up more of a fight. The best he could do was 30s of fighting, then he rolled over like a dog and died. Screw that guy; Bonecrusher was a red shirt.

14. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

I agree but I'd add that the whole film would have been better if it focused a lot less on the humans and more on the Transformers themselves.

15. Bro The Jackal

Bro The Jackal Kamen Rider

I also wonder something envolving the last battle. The OP vs. BC fight lasted 40 secs was it? If that's so, why did it take Prime SO DAMN LONG to get to the city? He didn't show up til Megs was there. Was he afraid to take on the badass that was Brawl, or what?

16. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:

Actually I liked how he showed up late cuz it really built up the excitement because all the Autobots were fighting without their leader and then all of a sudden, Steve Jablonsky's HEROIC orchestrated score kicks in with Optioimus Prime rolling through an alley and then the audience in the theater just cheered.

But to answer your question, there was probably a traffic jam LOL!

friggin rush hour

17. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Well he did get detoured, having fallen off the highway the rest of the 'bots were on. Plus, if you want, you can imagine he also fought Barricade, after BC like in the Feb '06 script.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I'd like to think that Barricade showed up to hassle Optimus and slow him up a bit, even if he ran away afterwards. Would have been cool if the Barricade fight had been left in and Optimus could have fought them both at once, then he kills off Bonecrusher and Barricade basically runs for it.

19. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    That would have been a cool extension of the Op vs BC fight scene! And would have shown off Op's ability to strike fear into Decepticons. Thanks alot Sol, now i wish that was what had really happened!

20. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd like to have seen a Bonecrusher vs soemone who isn't Prime (Ratchet maybe?) fight before the BC/Prime one, to show how badass Prime is.