When you read the Transformers 5 reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Mar 25, 2017.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I give zero fucks about reviews. It's a Michael Bay film, it's going to be dumb, but its Transformers, it's going to be fun. So dumb fun. I want to see it for enjoyment, not let critics slap me across the face and disappoint me with their negativity. That ain't fun.

Despite AoE's poor score, I really enjoyed it for the character development on Optimus. Poor guy's been through so much shit that he gave up on humanity until Cade helped him and showed him that humans are still worth saving.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

When do you suppose that the DVD/ blue ray will be out AOE was fairly rapid in its release!

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Could transformers be smart fun? I don't know what that would look like or if anyone could make it work, but I sincerely hope someone tries one day!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Travis Knight's Bumblebee solo film (TF6) has the potential to be smart fun

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah, but from what I hear, the writer's last script is holding a 6% on RT.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...?

IMG_3529.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    If it was smart fun, we'd be long dead.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With the ever declining domestic box office and so many other big films to gobble up all the buzz I'm guessing Paramount will rush it out out quickly. Unless Ghost in the Shell, Baywatch, or World War Z 2, go huge at the box office Paramount doesn't have the strongest of line ups this year to cash on big movies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Well-Known Member

I believe he's talking about Christina Hodson, who wrote the film Shut In which does have 6% RT rating. She's also the writer for the Bumblebee movie, which kind of worries me... :( 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said this before but I'll say it again - everybody stop judging the choices of the people behind a film based on their past credits. It's unhealthy, and it doesn't help the filmmakers who are doing their damnedest to try and make a solid, hopefully satisfying product.

In fact, try not having any doubts or expectations of any film at all. Makes the experience much more easier when watching the final product. That's what I'm doing for TLK and that's what everyone else should too.

• Like Like x 2
  11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    They could always hire a new writer or have the director re-work some stuff before thy start filming this May or June

12. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that's what the director does when they sign on to a new project. They take the script and work their vision for the film into it and to let their crew including the cast of actors to collaborate and work off on the chosen shooting script. In short, they all 'rewrite' the script because at the end of the day, yes, it's the writer who wrote the story and dialogue but they only create a blueprint. The end product is someone else's - including the studio's - final vision of the film.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    So if M. Night Shamalyan was slated to write a film, that wouldn't immediately set off alarm bells?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. I know the movie is going to be bad.

• Like Like x 1
  15. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair most of Shamalyan's failures stem from the fact he's dealing with movies not accustomed to his usual genre (TLA or After Earth). When it is, it usually has something to do with studios (Lady in the Water) or script theft (The Village). You see from The Visit and Split, he still has it in him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Yes. I do watch reviews for most of the movies I watch. Then again everyone's a critic. Pacific Rim got shat on by american reviewers but it turned out to be my favorite action blockbuster movie after TF1. TF4 got average scores the first few weeks, but I ended up hating it after watching it. If the reviews are good for TLK, I'm gonna see it. If the reviews say its shit, I won't see it.

Then again I'll more than likely see it again and judge for myself. If it is garbage, word of mouth will hopefully kill any chances for more films like this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

I got better things to do then read reviews.......ok that's a lie but I still couldn't care less about what some guy thinks about a movie they have no interest in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I like reading reviews, but I prefer the ones that really break it down: I enjoy looking over and discussing film for film's sake. Some of the reviews are unfair, but some of them are overly forgiving too. Ultimately you're all your own best critic but if I'm honest the film is sounding overstuffed which is a shame since AoE has had the best characters and visual design, and TLK is bringing back one of the only characters from the original three who deserves to come back and embracing some of the franchise's more interesting ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Critics have become useless completely and utterly useless. A high score on Rotten Tomato these days just means the movie didn't take any real risks and was the exact formula people wanted. Critics haven't actually studied the why behind a script in ages. They are incapable of noticing real flaws because they let their personal preference get in the way.

Critics don't consider the purpose of a character arc; the thematic meaning of a plot point. They don't notice character development and often praise arcs that don't even have it. They apparently don't listen to dialogue since they can't seem to comprehend a villains motive anymore no matter how many times they explain it.

They're biased and I question if they even watch the movies or just zone out until the climax, though to be fair I question that about the people here as well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What?

This is patently ridiculous. Of course you should judge a person off their previous work, that's the only thing you should judge them for. If a writer has a history of being a shitty writer, how is it "unhealthy" (what?) to assume their next film will be shitily written? Same with director, composers, etc. That's like saying it's "unhealthy" to be excited for a movie with strong writing or directing credits.

I'm not one to be super down on the movies, but hell some of the things people say in their defense utterly boggle the mind. That said, a good director can reign in shitty writers, and likewise great writers can soften the blow of a terrible director. Though neither senario is going to give you the best possible movie, and really you want both to be good.

Yeah, not like Transformers fans at all. We're all 100% well-versed in script-writing and never let our personal feelings on the brand effect our views on the films. I mean, it was Shakespeare who said "thou shalt not giveth Optimus flames for it will verily fucking ruin everything" right? And Dostoevsky is actually quoted as saying "nah man you just gotta turn your brain off and have fun." These are quotes you can actually find I read it somewhere I just don't have a link.

You're all the same, critics and fans. You all have your biases and misconceptions and personality shortcomings because you're all people and that's what people are. Saying critcs are "useless" whilst trying to say they don't notice "real flaws" reeks of insecurity. I'm pretty sure the "real flaws" are blatant, unmissable detriments you don't need school in writing to notice.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1