When you read the Transformers 5 reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Mar 25, 2017.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Cry? Nah. I only really look at reviews posted here and the only critic I will listen to (even though he has shit all over and will likely continue to shit on these movies) is YouTuber Jeremy Jahns. He's the most entertaining reviewer even if he's ripping a movie,(one I might love) to shreds. Plus, he's addressed a decent amount that it's all his opinion and perspective and not to take his reviews as law. I have mad respect for critics who know their place.

2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    You may like it, but that doesn't mean they don't know their shit. I personally agree with everything they said and agree that it was the shittiest of them all.

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they weren't lying about some things. Product placement, action scenes that dragged and even CGI that managed to be spotty in places like when Scorn does the barrel roll.

Still I will say ROTF still takes the cake of worst Transformers movie because we all know that we don't want stupid humor. The first I guess half of AOE was at least cohesive enough even with things like the Romeo and Juliet law.

4. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Okay, maybe they know some shit.
    But they don't know enough to recognize an improvement when they see one.

5. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    At least ROTF was fun and imaginative and had awesome action. Aside from the Texas chase, the action in AOE was so boring and it kept going. And I agree, I maybe like the first 30 minutes of AOE the most. The rest is just eugh

See, i just dont agree at all. Aside from more robot dialogue, there was no improvement whatsoever

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    They flushed out the Witwickys. That was a HUGE improvement lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. electronic456

News Credits:
    It really is frustrating to know that the most robot interaction in the movieverse is in AOE. That really tears me apart.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Honestly, I'm kinda in the middle. The film was bad but at least tried to address criticisms towards previous installments. What makes me question a lot of critics is that, from what I've seen, the most common thing said about the film is that "it's more of the same". The film toned down the over-sexualization of female characters, dropped most of the dirty jokes, actually expanded upon the events of the previous film, actually set things up for future films, had a much darker tone and actually had a group of lead Transformers who were distinct and useful. All things ignored by critics, sometimes in favor of making up problems that don't even exist like "racism". The Blockbuster Buster/Nostalgia Critic crossover review was particularly bad. It's absurd that when a film has ass holes as main characters, about 100 too many plots and CGI that's noticeably inferior to previous installments, some critics actually felt the need to make up criticisms.

• Like Like x 4
  9. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "When" I read the reviews? A more accurate word would be "if", and generally the answer to that is "no".

• Like Like x 5
  10. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    This is the fifth time, you can't expect them to pat you on the back everytime there's a tiny improvement. DOTM had more favorable reviews than ROTF cause it had actual improvement. AOE was just sucking it dry and people are bored. They dont get excited when a robot they never knew said a few more lines. (which is sad that some fans give it a pass solely on that reason)

I seriously hope TLK has some creative, engacing action sequences cause if it doesn't, It's in trouble. Cause still it looks more of the same and jampacked with too many subplots and Michael Bay-ified characters.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Whatever you think about AOE, how anyone can rate ROTF above it (or any of the others) is beyond me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. soundwaverulls

What improvements did ROTF actually make, aside from giving Megatron a better design? The story had had more holes and more filler, the score wasn't as memorable, it went overboard with the lowbrow humor, there were way too many characters, the antagonists were less threatening and the Autobots were either portrayed as war machines or gremlins. Just about everything was a step back from the previous film. AOE, on the other hand, actually attempted to make you care about the Autobots, which included giving Optimus Prime a story arc. It gave us a lead human who wasn't Shia Lebough (since everyone seems to hate him). It tried to give more meaning to the events of DOTM than DOTM did with ROTF. I'm not saying they did a good job but they were certainly trying harder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Even though I liked AOE initially, it quickly turned into my least favorite. I can't watch the thing in one sitting anymore and I can easily do that with the first 3.

I feel like the first half took some positive steps forward and there were definitely some more interesting characters (Hound, Crosshairs, Drift, Lockdown), but when it gets to Hong Kong...

It would have definitely been a better movie IMO if they mainly kept the events of the film in Texas (focusing more on Lockdown hunting Optimus) without another end of the world level threat and transformium.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Simple, it was dumb fun and entertaining.

I said DOTM was an improvement over ROTF.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    I think shit goes downhill in Chicago. Aside from that, I %100 agree that it should've been all about Lockdown.

Hong Kong battle is just... unbearable.

• Like Like x 1
  16. soundwaverulls

What? *checks post* FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Ahem. The thing is, I find disliking AOE more than DOTM completely understandable. It's when they say it's more of the same that I have a problem. Note that it means the critic doesn't regard DOTM as a notable improvement over ROTF and even considers it comparable to AOE, in both style and quality.

17. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    But isn't it just like that?

Writer's room should've been assembled right after DOTM if they indeed wanted a fresh start. But they failed and the damage is done, AOE brought nothing new to the table. They didn't even explore the only interesting thing in the movie which is the all Creator/Lockdown/Dinobot storyline in favor of another Megatronwantstoruletheworld story.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Never that.
    I will admit however that my curiosity precedes me once again. And it mainly has to do with the writers that got together and promised continuity.
    Regardless of the outcome I'm always invested because of the transformers characters. :drunk 

19. electronic456

News Credits:
    I feel like AOE should have ended with Lockdown capturing Optimus. Granted, that feels like ESB but it would have been way better than a dragged out battle of 'the villain must die'.

Same sort of resolution in the end. Optimus meets the Creators while the Autobots are left on Earth preparing themselves against the return of Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    The first time I watched it went past in a blaze, so did AOE. (although i was t drunk when i watched AOE)

The second I tried to watch ROFT i realised it was completely not fun, (despite a few awkwardly constructed action scenes and bit of Con banter) unless you enjoy watching a few idiots drive around in a car that looks like bumblebee of course, then it's right up your street.

AOE isn't by any means a great movie, but it holds up for me on subsequent viewings. Of course we're not going to convince each other, in fact it's an odd thing to argue about as i don't think either us are particularly big fans of any of the movies.

• Like Like x 2