When you count your transformers...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scythe, May 24, 2008.

1. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    ...to beef up your collection count that is, do you also count small ones like spychangers? For that matter, how about robot heroes?

I usually count transformers that are usually scout sized or up, but now I'm thinking of adding my spychangers since they sorta do transform. The few Robot heroes that I have I don't consider them "real" transformers since they're basically toys that look like they'd adorn birthday cakes.

So what do you guys do, when I see your collection counts, is that usually small 'bots too?

2. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I tally them seperately... Anything from Scout/Basic sized up to supreme goes into one collumn, call it "normal figures" or whatever...

Then anything smaller, spychangers, minicons, LoC figures.. i'll put in another.

Then I toss the rest in "other", so PVCs, Action Masters, the little non-transforming titanium guys, etc.

Then you can total everything up at once for a grand total and not feel you're "cheating" :tongue: 

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Oh really? I feel like I'm cheating when I start adding none transforming bots like robot heroes and 3" titaniums, haha.

4. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
  5. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

:lol 

"'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Funny, I count them all in a single count. They're all sold as Transformers after all. Micromasters and Minicons are tricky, though. They came as a set, but what if you only had Flak and Sunrunner? Would you count them as half a TF since you don't have the other two who came off that card, or would you count them as individuals? My thought is toward treating them as individuals, after all, some of them were a total pain in the rear to track down. I'm looking at you, Surge and Big Hauler.

7. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Ah, I see.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i count everything as one.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have a rather OCD way of counting them. I count them by whether or not you can buy them seperately, in any form.

For instance, Classics Devastator. While you can't buy the Constructicons seperately in those colors, you could buy them seperately in Energon. So I count him as 5 guys. I don't count Devastator himself, because he cant exist on his own.

Or, G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen and all his repaints. In the past, you could only buy the 2 of them as a set, so I counted them as one figure. But, then Robotmasters came and sold them seperately, so, I now count them all seperately.

Mini-cons are a bit tricky for me. In America, you could only buy them in 3-packs, or with a larger figure. You could not buy any individual mini-con on its own. However, in Japan, with the Booster Packs, you COULD. And in Cybertron, they changed the format to 2-packs. For me, I just count mini-cons as an entire seperate group from my larger figures.

For stuff like Headmasters, well, just like with mini-cons, you can only buy them with larger figures, so they don't count. Even so, they're Nebulans, not Transformers, so I wouldnt have to count them anyway ;)  The exception to this is those weird Japanese ones that were sold seperately, but I'm never going to own them.

Stuff like Robotmasters, 3" Titaniums, and other PvCs, I don't count at all, because they don't transform. I do count Actionmasters though.