WHEN will we see RTS and generations in numbers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sarrow, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

I've been looking for kup, scourge, wreck-gar and perceptor for what seems like MONTHS with no luck whatsover. Now thundercracker and wheeljack are out!

I've considered buying online, but the jacked up prices just aren't justifiable (I don't burn up much gas running around since I don't go that far out anymore).

So I'm just wondering when the heck we will see an ABUNDANCE of these guys in stores like the ROTF crap is clogging the shelves now?? I'm really looking for the G1 legends guys too. Any thoughts?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see just about all of them on my weekly runs, but thankfully I have 3 targets and 2 WMs and a TRU within 4-5 miles.

If you're worried about pricing online, order a case from BBTS or Entertainment Earth and trade the extras. The next wave with Warpath has 2 of him, 2 thundercracker and 1 each of Scourge and Kup. Even with shipping it works out to like $12-$13 each, which is just about what you'd pay retail.

edit: that's only 6 in my supposed case, so I'm missing someone, but my point stands...

Edit #2:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT98452H

2 wheeljacks too. Its too early!

3. Sepultron

Sepultron .

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat. Wish I had an answer to your question, but so far I don't think anyone knows what is going on.

I HONESTLY thought that Hasbro would put together some kind of promotion for the lines, at least for RTS (since it does center around a 'gimmick' of sorts). But so far, obviously, we haven't seen anything. Not even an end cap promotional spot like they had with HFTD/Generations/PCC back in August '10.

What I really think is bothering people is the fear that the relatively-very-soon-to-be-released movie line will crush everyone's hopes of finding the Gen/RTS and PCC toys. Yeah, someone with Hasbro said that Generations would run through 2011 alongside the movie line, but:
    1. Plans change
    2. The reps don't always know what is going on: Keep in mind that one of the reps was reportedly 'surprised' that the last of the PCC toys hadn't reached US retail stores yet.
    3. That doesn't mean the stores will carry the line
    4. This doesn't necessarily include the RTS toys

So yeah, it's becoming increasingly frustrating. I know my patience is wearing thin, and I'm sure yours is too.

4. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think you will saw alot of stuff til DOTM. That crap will be everywhere.

5. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now here were I live RtS seems to be coming out more since a month ago Toys R us, Target, and Kohls had about 1 dozen. Yesterday Walgreens had Wave one RtS Deluxes. Kmart finale restocked its selfs and had a bunch of Wave 2 and today getting more. the rest of line isnt far away from coming. But Generations has been faint.

6. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

well it sounds like I better just go with an online retailer. I had a couple chances to order from HTS, but I get the things in my cart, then they go out of stock when I go to check out! Also, I kept thinking that oh, I'll see them as soon as I order... uh, yeah...not thinking that so much after like 2 months (or however long it's been). BBTS doesn't seem to consistently keep them in either... guess it's just a shortage all around. Don't even get me started about the movie stuff...I gave it a chance the first time round, then decided it was definitely not for me (movies, toys...I have 0 interest in any of it). It's good to know I'm not the only one that still can't find these guys :) 

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I've seen Kup a few times now, and Scourge once. Wheeljack and TC haven't arrived in our area yet. Wreckgar and Perceptor looks to have, but I missed them. They best make another appearance!

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Generations will probably hit saturation soon enough. RTS will too...if you like Mindset, Bumblebee, and G2 Prime. And Chopsaw, too, probably.

9. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

It's just odd to me because I usually see at least a single figure over the west to east month span, but with these guys, I've seen NOTHING! I'm SO TIRED of seeing the "other" yellow carded figures (movie or hftd or whatever they are).

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
  11. Hobbyist Prime

Hobbyist Prime Member

Ebay:
    I live in Canada and I ordered the generations pack of thundercracker, scourge, kup and wheeljack. When all was said and done with shipping and taxes etc... I saved $5 over buying them when they come out here at walmart plus I get the added bonus of only english on the card instead of the new crappy four language packages that clutter up the awesome artwork.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's part of some evil conspiracy to come up with something really cool and then make sure the people who would have purchased it don't get the chance. Just haven't worked out exactly why since you'd think Hasbro and the retailers liked making money.

13. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. Also strange that the hasbro toyshop site itself can't stock enough to meet demand. They have literally sold out within 30mins to a half hour each time I've seen them listed.

Good to see the other thread though so that I know I'm not alone!