When Will We See MP Sentinel Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Barricade24, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I remember awhile back Takara mentioned that they would make a masterpiece Sentinel and Ironhide. It has been awhile since the was said, and I am wondering when we will start getting a look at them? If I remeber correctly didn't they reveal something involing MP Starscream around Comic-Con?

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    As of g1 non but if movie it will just be the leader class toy like mp starscream. So there no real point to wait.

3. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who have both HFTD Leader Starscream and Movie Masterpiece Starscream, I assure you there is a big real point to wait. ;) 

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    The short of it is: Overwhelming odds are that Movie Masterpiece Sentinel Prime and Ironhide don't exist.

Takara never said any such thing.

Some Hasbro rep at Toy Fair apparently said there would be a Movie Masterpiece Sentinel Prime and Ironhide.

Takara then solicited and released a Leader Class Sentinel Prime, identical to the Hasbro version, and solicited
    "Ultimate Ironhide" which is exactly the same as Hasbro Leader Ironhide.

Odds are someone got their wires crossed and mistook "Ultimate" for 'Movie Masterpiece'/

Why would they release cheaper versions of the same mold first?

And why would TAKARA be doing a product reveal at SDCC?

The U.S is a Hasbro market not Takara.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Takara won't release those toys twice. What you see is what you get, the Movie Masterpieces likely never existed. As miscreant said, it's a case of someone getting their wires crossed.

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Strange that they would stop at MP-M01 and MP-M02. I was surpised we never saw an official MP Movie Optimus Prime either; Buster Prime comes damn close though, but why they didn't go all the way with him is beyond me. Perhaps the MP movie sub-line was just an experiment on Takara's part that didn't live up to expectations sales-wise (I mean, if online stores like BBTS are offering them on clearance in less than a year of release).

That said, I love MP Movie Starscream. One of my top three favorite TF toys ever. His paint apps and overall aesthetics are worlds better than the HFTD Leader class toy. Was he worth the inflated price? To some, no, but to me, he definitely is worth it.

I am disappointed that the MP Movie sub-line appears to be in limbo since that would discount ever seeing a proper MP-M Optimus or MP-M Megatron, which is a shame. At least do the big 4 (SS, BB, OP, and Megs), with Sentinel and Ironhide thrown in.

Oh well, at least we have DMK Optimus Prime to whet our appetites, and Jetwing Prime for those who liked the HFTD/Buster mold. But Movie Megatron.... dammit, we need a good Leader/MP size figure of him. Poor guy's suffered a serious identity crisis throughout the movies with his various alt modes and gets saddled with the crappiest Leader toys to boot.

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yup exactly. Had the molds not already been released it would be a possibility, but not after they've already been released in DotM proper.

Randy