When will we get more news.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Dec 29, 2010.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since that teaser trailer there been nothing where is the last Prime lad or Nelson on info.

Yes some on ere said we prob get a trailer around Feb but its too long i want to see stuff now.

There is just action Figures pics that has been removed by hasbro why show them and then take them off.?

We didnt wait that long for info on R.O.T.F there were teasers, tv spots the lot infact some say it was too much as it contained too many spoilers..

When will this site hot up with regarding D.O.T.M.

Late jan or Feb.?

2. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF teaser was released in February. So DOTM teaser is 2 months earlier. But we had many ROTF concepts in November and still nothing for DOTM. :( 
    I think that things will heat up during the first half of January. There are some comics scheduled to be released then and they are considered to have some characters that will appear in the movie.

3. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Like SHOCKWAVE

[​IMG]

or this guy whoever he is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can't wait till January

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ^You do know that poster's fake, right?

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think you have to look at the summer movie market then vs the upcoming summer movie market.

Back during Revenge of the Fallen there really wasn't anything that was real competition. Star Trek, Terminator, and Wolverine all had to recover from stinky films. Avatar wouldn't come out until late in the year. With nothing to compete against them they could release things whenever they wanted because there wasn't other buzz to get lost in.

This time it's a very different and very crowded field. Some movie experts have even said this summer might be too crowded with big movie overload that could hurt as people start saying I just can afford to watch everything coming out. So films have been releasing a bit then holding back until they feel like they can build buzz without it getting drown out in the buzz for other films.

I'm sure that once we get near the release there will such a bombardment of ads and interviews that even hermits in the most remote parts of the world will know about the film.

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Filmmakers and Hasbro have just been better had not letting stuff leak this time around. Even of the leaked toys we've seen, none of them have been new characters, all are well known characters.

It builds up the anticipation, not knowing what we'll be getting next June/July.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Exactly what I've been thinking. Pirates 4, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II are Transformers' biggest competition. Then again, both times the Transformers films came out, they were competing against a Pirates, or a Harry Potter, and even both one time. The fact that Deathly Hallows Part II is THE last Potter makes it certain we won't beat Harry Potter in box office. Pirates also beckons a large following, so here thar be monsters with them too.

On topic, as said, they're doing a better job controlling leaks this time around, but there's not too much to chew on, other then a very gracrious move to release the teaser the year before.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

If we knew news before it happened, wouldn't we report it? Saying, "I want stuff now" won't get you anything.

9. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

But with the ROTF trailer, even the Super Bowl trailer we saw so much more in terms of action and robots. We had some idea of where the movie was going. With DOTM it was like the first teaser trailer for TFTM. It didn't show anything more than a lunar landing and one robot. I hope the Super Bowl trailer gives us some robots and a little more info so we know what we have.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    More will drop Jan. 23, at 8:47 AM Mountain time.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Super bowl XLV.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

13. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I know

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Then don't bring it up in response to a comment about leaks while showing it alongside two genuine ones.

15. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ok

16. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn’t Toyfair in February? That usually brings us some character confirmations, at least. Maybe a few robot publicity shots, too, like the Devastator one Hasbro showed at last year’s Toyfair.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Toyfair will show off something - thing is, they might well keep the toys behind closed doors, "no photos allowed" kind of thing.

I'm sure we'll see something, though. We might finally get confirmation on some new character identities from the toys shown at Toyfair - expect that red ferrari to be in Wave 1 or 2, I think.

18. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I just hope that they don't reveal too much... when I finally saw ROTF I was somehow dissapointed because almost all scenes were seen before in trailers and other stuff =/ and I know I wasn't the only one (yeah, the movie itself it's somehow dissapointing, but spoilers ruined it more)

19. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here, this time around, I'm going to avoid those "Just saw the movie, massive spoiler dump!" threads.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As said, when the conventions start we'll see more.