When Will Retailers Begin Clearancing ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 19, 2011.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I noticed that in most areas throughout the country, ROTF is still prevalent. Here we are just months away from the next movie and ROTF is still warming shelves.

I think the deep clearance purging of ROTF is long overdue.

So when should we start to see deep discounts on these figures so that stores can get cleared out for DOTM?

I also think that to a certain extent ROTF is clogging shelves and preventing later waves of RTS and Generations from being stocked as well.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's not so much ROTF, but HFTD (some of them being ROTF repaints) clogging the shelves in my area.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Target had their purge months ago. Around the time that HFTD started hitting shelves. Wal-Mart and TRU holds onto stuff for as long as they can typically.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF has been clearanced in my area for ages now. Those damn Ice Cream Twins and Demolishor gift packs will never leave my TRU.

5. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Around here the rotf figures have made their way to discount retailers (marshalls, tj maxx). The targets and walmarts have hftd figures...still waiting for rts figures.

6. 420bot

420bot ******

Still got Rotf figures at my walmart, yet grimstone is on clearance instead, okay....whateves.

7. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Our local TRU had zero ROTF deluxes and only a few voyagers before x-mas and after x-mas the entire end cap that was full of HFTD and Generations was full of what I'm pretty sure was wave 2 ROTF, the wave with the news helicopter that nobody wants, at full retail go figure.

8. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, I would like the local toybox here to send to clearance many transformers toys... I mean, we still have lots of universe toys (sunstreakers mainly) and way too much ROTF scouts... the worst part is that they have all the transformers toys...OVERPRICED! here a ROTF deluxe is normally $12.000 and the NEST/HFTD were $10.000, ToyBox is selling them from $15.000 to $17.000 and never restock... the only thing I found in clearance was some stupid videogame of transformers (with a PlayStation shape but with NES/SNES graphics) and some Real Gear from the first movie... =/ so sad

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I only see ROTF at TRU these days

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter. Even if they were a $1 I wouldnt buy anymore. They just need to donate ROTF toys to...another planet cause everyone on earth has em. MOVE ON RETAILERS! Give us our new shit.

11. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Come DOTM, a mountain of ROTF product will probably re-appear.

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Most of the retailers here already had their purge, but still couldn't get rid of those mudflaps.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My local K-Mart has an entire isle of just ROTF, and then mostly Mudflap. All full price. I was actually surprised last year when I found Mindwipe there.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Many, if not most, stores already have, but as I've discovered in my travels -- it depends on your region and the store. I do know Target and Walmart stores do not operate nationwide with automated clearance schedules. Sometimes it depends on how long the product has been in a store. Sometimes it's a dept. manager who needs shelf space for newer product or new seasonal shelf settings and is given clearance from either the store mgr or corporate to do markdowns.

A few weeks before Christmas, my local Walmart got in fresh cases of exclusive ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp, more than a year after the movie came out, and yet they were still listed at full price.

When they did their new settings recently and did markdowns on those figures, the discount was only 10% off. Yipee.

And a local Target had recently opened, but apparently their stock had been pending for a while and the store's opening was delayed. So when they finally opened within a couple months of Christmas 2009, they were immediately hit with seasonal settings changes and holiday product they needed to put out. They marked down nearly their entire toy dept to 75% off and it was gone in a matter of hours. I've never seen a store do that so sporadically and probably never will again.

And right after the 2009 Christmas season, there was another local Walmart who did a 1-day 50% off all clearance toy items. I got some really good deals that day. But it was just something random that the store was allowed to do to make room for new settings.

@DecepticonSpike: Kmart is NOTORIOUSLY slow to mark down old product. I was there a few months ago, and they had some TF Christmas ornaments from 2008(?!?) that were sitting in the clearance section but didn't have clearance stickers. I inquired about them, but because they rang up at full price the manager would not allow any discount on them. I even showed her the 2008 date on the product, but she wouldn't budge.

Just another reason I quit shopping at Kmart.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My local Wal-Mart still has a bunch of ROTF Deluxes clogging up the shelves, and very little HFTD and Generations figures. It's both sad and frustrating. I seriously hope they start putting those ROTF figures on clearance before too long.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

idk; like i said before, my toys r us still has tfa deluxes for $16.99 each! :lol 

17. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

When Leader Blackout comes out.
    I swear Wal-Mart put them on clearance Christmas 2009, but they just keep coming back.

18. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Well atleast Target and Walmart do clearance them out.....TRU on the other....I have seen movie 1 TRU exclusive Mudflap still there for full price. TRU don't clearance stuff you like...ever!

19. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I guess Walmart will around DOTM's release, but TRU will NEVER clearance anything. ANYTHING AT ALL.

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This is the case in my area been months since i have seen any ROTF figures.