When will people move on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    G1. It's what started Transformers. It set the basics for the franchise. The rules that it must follow according to hardcore fans. When changes are made in a new tv series or movie people complain because it's not G1. It's sad how people are trapped in the 80's not realizing that nothing could possible stay the same for 25+ years. People complain about stories being different, characters being changed, different designs.

I think the designs nowadays are alot better. Prime's sleek designs and the movies redesigns are alot better then the box like designs of G1. People want it to be the same. I love the updates on characters like Prime Wheeljack who looks different while keeping most of his G1 features for an infinitely better design, same for DOTM and WFC Shockwave. Big updates while keeping his unique G1 features. When will people stop complaining about stuff being different? Everytime there is change people complain. When Youtube changes people say ''they want the old Youtube back''. Xbox live Dashboard updates, Facebook changes. People always complain.

I am talking about people who can't get past G1

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    People like what they like. I myself happen to prefer the boxy G1 designs and the Prime designs over the movie aesthetic.

No point losing sleep over other folks' personal preferences.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, because we want all of our videos to be in beautiful what was it, 240p?
    To be on topic, I don't think that people will ever move on. Maybe it's that these people who just refuse to adapt and to accept change.

EDIT:
    However, there are some designs from G1 that I will prefer such as Megatron (ignoring DOTM), Shockwave, Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Frenzy.

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

People always complain about something, it's just how the world works.

And I do agree with the fact that the Prime characters and others have their G1 characteristics but it's a more updated look. Yeah, and I loved G1 but animation has come a long way from the 80's so I don't think that having them look like a bunch of boxes is very appealing in this day and age. So no boxy robots (unless you're doing Boximus Prime).

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It never ends.

6. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

It's true what others are saying here that people are going to like what they like and hate what they hate. Is just how the world works. It would be awesome and perfect if we could all agree but that's not going to happen.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the movie designs a lot (although they were an acquired taste for me), I like the Animated designs, I like some of the TFP designs, I like most of the Unicron trilogy designs, I like the Beast designs.

But I still like the "boxy" G1 designs best of all. I like those faces, and the "boxiness" was actually a big part of the appeal for me as a kid. You have a character like Optimus Prime, and it's real easy for a kid to wrap his/her mind around the transformation just by looking at him. You can see where the arms go, you can see where the chest and abs are (and I think this is one of the reasons why the majority of fans hate fake chests to this day), you can see how his legs are going to form. It's like a visual puzzle that you get to solve. That's part of the fun.

8. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

It's all personal preference. Nothing wrong with liking G1 style but don't knock the next person because he could care less about TF Prime but loves The Movie Trilogy.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Sadly people will ALWAYS complain like this:redface2:  All we need to do is to live with it the best we can.

Honestly I'm glad that I became a Transformers fan around this peroid because the post movie years of Transformers has had me impressed since Beast Wars!:D  It brought great shows like Animated and Prime along with games like WFC and FOC not to mention the Exodus and Exile novels!:D  The movie desgins were fun to look at as well as Animated but I love the Prime aeshtic the most because it took what I love from both styles and made them into something amazing for me! It has the complexity and realism of the movie combined with the colorful and livley aspects from Animated molded into a semi realsitic and semi cartoony stlye which I love the best!:D 

10. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Came here expecting it to be another thread bashing Ironhide fans.

Leaving satisfied.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For me it's all about is it good change or not.

I like G1 Soundwave, but then I also really liked Transformers Animated Soundwave, Transformers Prime Soundwave, and War for Cybertron Soundwave. Movie Soundwave just doesn't cut it for me and I just don't like his design there.

It's odd though that no matter how much change you accept and embrace the one time you say you don't care for a design or a change to a character is when people start saying you will not accept any change.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    haha same here.

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've already moved on...I'd like a new movie series with new designs and a new director...but some people are afraid of change and just want Bayformers 4.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's like you are in a different thread.

15. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Dear Leather Elbows:

Us ole Geewunners'll move on when we're dead! Then you may have whatever you like, hopefully without complaint. Til then, we'll like what we like and have what we will!

Sincerely: Us ole geewunners! :) 

16. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Ok ok ok! On a more serious note: I like the way transformers has progressed/evolved over the years into where it's at today. Somehow I'm a sucker for prime and movie designs and am glad tfs overall have been updated, upgraded, and articulated! I've often tried to visualize a series with no sense of g1 character influence i.e. an all new buncha bots. I guess for this to happen means that they would have to take a new creation like Drift say, and go buckwild with it.

17. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Ironhide fans are weirder than fanboys!!! :D  :tongue: 

18. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Oh, when will people stop complaining about other people complaining?!

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That's one of the main reasons why I liked TF Animated, and TFP. Character recognition. Taking an established look, and modernizing it.
    I mean take Batman for example; fans always expect Batman to have a certain look to him for each comic, or movie.
    If a Transformer for a new series doesn't bare some kind of resemblance to a previous version, the there's little to no character recognition, and the character might as well be a different person.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You have to at least love the irony. We must accept change, we must embrace change, until someone says let's reboot the live action movies to see what another production team's take will be on Transformers.

G1 ended, I got Beast Wars. Cybertron ended, I got Transformers Animated. Transformers Animated ended, I got Transformers Prime. Sure I hated to see series end, but without endings there wouldn't be all the cool stuff in new cartoons so I'm not sure what the live action fans are so worried about.