When Will Generations End And Reveal The Shield Begin?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Oct 3, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Does anyone know which wave will be the last for Generations and which Classics/Generations figures will be in the first wave of Reveal The Shield?

I'm trying to keep track of my wants and changing the packaging on Generations in the middle of it's run is causing somewhat of a problem.

2. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

actually i believe "Reveal the Shield" is replacing "Hunt for the Decepticons" given the voyagers embargo in Generations

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah HTFD -> REveal the shield

4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    It seems like they're getting rid of HFtD and Generations and merging them together as RTS.

Case in point being Jazz, Tracks, Grappel, and the G1 Legends figures......these are all clearly Generations style figures that are now in the RTS line.

Why take some of the Generations-esque figures and put them into this new line unless the Generations line is actually ending?

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

OMG.

Generations is a toyline.

"Transformers," the yellow box line, is a toyline. Hunt for the Decepticons is a subline, or promotion, within the Transformers "yellow box" toyline. Reveal the Shield is going to be the next subline, or promotion, within the Transformers "yellow box" toyline after Hunt for the Decepticons.

6. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then explain why Jazz and Tracks, obviously Generations toys are in Yellow Reveal the Shield packaging?

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It looks as though Hasbro is either merging the lines (which is looking less and less likely), or they're going to start releasing Generations styled figures in the Yellow box/Reveal the Shield line along with Generations continuing on it's own. Effectively releasing more Generations figures in a shorter time-frame.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Updated homages are still updated homages regardless of what TF toy line there put in.
    seperating them based off package label & fiction makes zero sense.

right now in 2010/2011,Hasbro is creating all the updated TF homage new molds at the same exact time. then placing them in various TF toy lines/sub lines they think will have a better shot of selling better.

examples: all the newer updated homage molds for 2010/2011 that are voyager sized are being put in the ROTF HFTD toy line. because generations doesn't have a voyager sized assortment in the toy line.

examples: in 2011 ROTF HFTD is being changed to reveal the shield. Hasbro is putting a bunch of deluxes meant for the generations toy line in the "shield" toy line in 2011. based solely off the fact hasbro feels these molds will sell better under the movie banner 2011 toy line "shield" because hasbro figures all the TF3 movie hype in early 2011 will make these toys sell better than if they were packaged in generations.

the sheer fact that hasbro is currently recoloring previous toys & putting them in whatever packages/banners. means hasbro doesn't care like fans do about banners & package labels.
    all hasbro cares about is doing decent updated homages & placing them in packages/labels that will get the most profit. examples: The 2.0 classics inferno mold recolored yellow & packaged under a different fiction/universe package/label as "reveal the shield" movie line/sub-line Grappel.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I believe that reveal the shield will be combining all of the lines we have right now. I may be wrong, but it would make sense, since we've seen both movie toys and classics style toys in the new packaging. Have we had any official confirmation yet? I probably missed something or other because my internet has been on and off all week.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    All evidence points towards both lines running concurrently, reveal the shield will have both movie and classics style figures with rubsigns, and generations will have classics style figures without rubsigns.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

because hasbro doesn't care nor get over carried away with package labels/fiction like fans do.

all hasbro cares about is doing decent updated homages. then placing them in TF toy lines/sub-lines that will get the most profit.

hasbro is placing all new molds intended for generations in the "reveal the shield" movie 2011 toy line/sub-line. based solely off profits. because the early 2011 TF3 Movie hype will be pure gold in sales for hasbro.

12. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I have read in at least 3 places that the yellow packaging "Reveal the shield", is going to be it for TF 2011, and that yellow is goig to be the combination of both lines.
    And there is no reason pointing to the lines being combined to make Generations sale better, the sales just fine on there own, the past lines of classics/universe/Generations, have sold very well or Hasbro would not have been doing them.
    This said, there had been no official comfirmation of this though, so its all romour, and speculation at this point.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't matter what color the packaging is. Both lines are "Transformers" and Jazz and Tracks and Grapple will go on the same shelves as Tomahawk, Blurr, Red Alert, and Straxus. Yes, Tomahawk, Terradive, and Hailstorm are on my CHUG shelves!! The horror!!

14. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Explain why Generations Thrust and Red Alert, obviously Universe 2.0 toys are in Red Generations packaging?

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yeah. For those who haven't noticed, Thunderwing is in Generations and Jazz is in RTS and they'll both be on the shelves at the same time. Generations will continue to have future waves.

16. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I think RTS replaces Generations but I really think Hasbro should stop playing with the names of the lines. As soon as Classics was picking up they switch it to Universe 2.0. Then they switch it to Generations. And now Reveal the Shield. It's getting lame.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

HFTD isn't a line, nor is RTS. They're separate promotions of the same line.

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Then what about Skullgrin, WFC Cliffjumper, Thunderwing and likely Scourge and G2 Optimus. All these figures are like Generations, the first 3 definitely are, and the other two likely due to the symbols they've been shown to have.

Both lines will continue, we will just be getting some toys originally intended for Generations in the gold box Transformers line. Effectively getting more Generations sooner.

Randy

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I think it's possible that tracks and jazz are just being put in the yellow box line to fill out that wave a bit.

20. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Un-like others I could care less what packages/labels TF updated homages are put in. one package label doesn't rule over the other as true updated homages are concerned.