When will DLC 2 hit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I REALLY hope DLC #2 is on the way.

So let the speculation being. When do you think #2 will arrive?

I'm being impatient and saying Tuesday or next Tuesday.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think we're getting anymore DLC. The community is dropping almost everyday.

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This. We were supposed to get a ton of DLC for the RotF game, but they just cancelled it once the online community fizzled out.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    never

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Future DLC seems unlikely.

6. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Why are you guys so pessimistic? The game sold well. High Moon Studios is still open. They are continuing to have involvement in the game as evidence in the recent double and quadruple xp events. And we know there are at least two more characters on the disk.

I think it is quite likely we'll get more DLC and sooner rather than later.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This is probably the only reason why we would get any DLC. Due to the fact that Dead End and Zeta Prime are on the disk, they wouldn't need to create anything new.

If the next thing is just a character pack with those two, it would probably be just that, as it would be a quick easy buck to make.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I haven't been on for a while, but if it's true that the online community is fizzing out, than that might affect or chances.

Optimus747, I thought that game didn't get any DLC because Activision had a massive amount of layoffs?

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That could be the reason; I figured it was just because the community dropped to like 5 players after the first DLC had been out for a few weeks.

As for this game, population has dropped dramatically. Only a couple hundred are on in Team Deathmatch at any time, as opposed to a couple thousand. Plus, as my avatar and signature imply, Halo: Reach is out in a few weeks, which will have a slight impact on the number of people playing any other online shooter... :p 

10. Rexidus

News Credits:
    The developers of Revenge of the Fallen was closed shortly after the first DLC was released.

11. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

the point of DLC is to renew interest in the game. if the online community is starting to fizzle ( though the ps3 crowd still seems pretty strong) then it would only make sense for them to release more dlc

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not on the ps3 lol

13. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Glad I got all the online achievements when I could. :D 

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I certainly don't play anymore, bored out of my mind with multiplayer after getting Prime mode unlocked.
    And I've played the hell out of Escalation and the campaigns.
    WFC will be gathering dust on the shelf until some new DLC pops up.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been said before--I know I've said it more then I care to mention--but I'll say it again: until High Moon Studios does something about the online issues, War For Cybertron will continue to lose gamers, especially those who've already completed the tasks they needed for trophy X.

DLC and extra XP weekends will only work for so long.

Without fixes and new content, War For Cybertron's small community will get smaller and smaller and smaller...

16. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Even though this is true, I absolutely refuse to play multiplayer on the PS3. Somehow, all the issues are far more annoying and worse.

QFT. I only play during the extra XP weekends anymore, or when I've exhausted my stack of new games and had another Mass Effect 2 playthrough.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

They need to figure out where this sits in what continuity before fixing the actual game itself.

Until then why even bother? :( 

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, nice

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    On the contrary I believe they said no more fo ROTF because another TF game (this one) was in he works.

And the number seem to shift. I saw 800 then checked 2 hours later to see over 1000 so. Maybe DLC will happen. If it's decent it can attract people. Though I think it's unfair that if they don't do it then it will be unfair for those who still play the game. It would be selfish ad show that they're too busy thinking of numbers and not the player's welbeing.

I also think new characters are more important for escalation. For MP it only adds to a varity of people. I too don't bother with in game. The last xp boost put all four classes to lv 20. So I'm quite content. I've been playing conquest to level up though I prefer Team DM and Team DM though fun gives me such little xp.

20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, sadly the community is dwindling more and more. It sucks that there are still elements on the disk that we may never get access to (and what a waste in developing them--this is why I'm not a fan of "DLC" actually being disk content, and you're only paying for a key to it all).

But yeah, with all the online issues they've chosen not to address, the community will continue to shrink. I maxed out all four classes, have no intention of going Prime, and am now enjoying what I can of the other aspects of multiplayer (going on-and-on in Conquest to level my characters up). I still have fun with it, but you can see it dying out.

Maybe they'll throw us a bone from the point of view that they did indeed make two characters--why not let us access them? But I'm afraid they'd probably charge $5.00 or something, which I wouldn't pay. Never bought the first DLC; five characters (one I already have) and two multiplayer maps (and the two for escalation that I never play anyway) for $10 was too pricey.