When will dkz frankenstien book 3 be out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Does anyone know when book 3 of frankenstein by dean koontz with will out?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It took less time for me to use the popular search engine Google to find the most current information than it did for you to post this thread.

I want to tell you, but I feel like I'd be doing you a disservice by encouraging poor internet technique, but I do promise to confirm or refute any of your findings.

3. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Google tells me sometime in 2009.

All I did was type "dean koontz frankenstein book 3" and BAM! not only got the release timeframe, but title of the book, "Dead and Alive", too!

*edit*

See, I am nicer than squirrelcar.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You're an enabler.

EDIT: Who ever said you weren't?

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    not to sound like an ass but i have looked many times and gotten many different release dates and it was continually pushed back. so i thought id ask here if anyone had more concrete info. i just wont ask i guess

6. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Don't feel bad guy; I mean hell, neither Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble, nor the publisher's website have any information on it.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And since now I feel sorta kinda mebbe a lil' bit like a dick (but not really), the reason for its untimely release is that it's set in NOLA, and after Katrina, Koontz stated that he didn't want to "release any more monsters on New Orleans," or something like that.

I'd think it was more writer's block, but that'd be unusual for a writer as prolific as Koontz. An alternative but completely unfounded theory is that while the novel was originally intended to be a collaborative effort, it apparently isn't anymore, so maybe it's a legal matter? But one would think that would be known.

I read the first one, though, and man, I thought it was recycled crap. But maybe the sequel picked up the pace.