When/Where do you buy the Botcon Show Exclusive Toys at the con?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by MaxGoof, Jun 16, 2007.

1. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question, but when you're actually at Botcon this year, when and where do you buy the show exclusive toys (Alpha Trion, etc.)? I haven't been to either of the two previous cons, so I'm not sure how difficult it is to get these. Are the show exclusives something where you need to pounce or they'll be sold out within minutes, or will there be enough for most/all package holders to get them? As I actually am going to the con, I don't want to miss out on Alpha Trion and have to resort to ebay anyway. Can anyone give me any advice on this matter?

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On Thursday evening, you go to package pickup at your appointed time, and pick up your main attendance package. This is where you will get your box set, additional loose set (if you ordered one), and attendee bonus figure that goes with that Primus package, a well as your attendee badge, Hasbro Tour wristband (if you got in), etc. All the stuff you actually registered for.

After that, you can go get in the other line for the Souvenier exclusives. This is where the "additional" pair of two-packs we've had for the last two years comes from. They're certainly not going to sell out within "Minutes", but depending on how many they have, the number you can buy may be limited. Even with the shortness of last year's Laserbeak/Buzzsaw and Megatron/Waspinator sets they had them available one of each per person through Friday, at which point the least few were offered one per dealer, and then the remaining ones went on general sale (just a handful). So you shouldn't have any problem getting them if you do so Thursday evening.

3. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would "pounce" on them Thursday night, if I were you. I predict that they will go record fast, just like the 5 figure set did.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Yeah, I have a feeling they're going to sell faster than in previous years, but it won't be minutes. Just make sure you get in line for them immediately after picking up your attendee package and you'll be fine.

5. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One per person and no extras to be had, I would guess.

6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Actually, I would be very surprized if they sold out much faster... Simply because I expect that they will make at least as many of these as they have packages and will implement the same limits (1 per) as last year. If you don't want to stand in the (long) lines Thursday, you should be fine waiting until Friday.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I will be in line early.

8. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

BTW, the cash line is almost always shorter and moves faster than the credit card line.