When was the last Brontosaur type alt mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Macross7, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The recent Dinobots thread got me thinking. I can't remember the last time a TF had a Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus type of Alt mode. What G1 Sludge was. Yeah, yeah, scientist say they were morons & stuck a wrong head on a body so 'Brontosaurus' aren't real & the official name is Apatosaurus now.

Stegosaurus had one in Beast Wars/Macines. T-Rexs, Terrasaurs, Triceratops have had multiples up through Animated. I don't think there was a Bronto type in Beast wars. The closest was the Pleasiasur in the combiner.

Besides Sludge, the only one I can think of was in Dinoking. Any others & why is that type so neglected?

2. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, there is Zaur, who is a better member of the club than the one from Victory, since that was just the Pretender shell, not exactly a Transformer.
    Other than that, none that I can think of...
    There were these non-Transformers brand transforming robots whose alt modes were translucent dinosaur skeletons, there was an apatosaurus there.

But yeah, I am still waiting for a new version of Sludge... I hope they make one some day...

3. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I havn't thought of that. It is kind of weird since the sauropods are a group of dinosaurs that most people recognize.
    Maybe it is because of their lack of big vicious teeth and lack of horns and stuff that make the dinosaur look warlike and cool or something.
    I would love an Ultra class Sludge in the next incarnation of the classic line.