When Transformers encroach on your personal space.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gestalts Vault, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Gestalts Vault

Gestalts Vault Well-Known Member

So, my wife and I built our dream house. Well, we haven't finished my office add-on or bedroom expansion but the rebuilt kitchen, master bathroom add-on and living room remodel are complete so we should have a nice enjoyable living space.
    We have a space I didn't picture which is where I took this picture from. Technically, I suppose it was a "dining room" connected to the living room with an open floor plan but, after rebuilding the kitchen, the "breakfast nook" expanded into a dining room. I guess we just have a huge living room so the couch breaks it in half.
    Anyway, this first pic is from behind the couch (Yeah, we went with vintage 60s furniture. Cycle through couches/chairs/tables often)
    To the left (Not pictured) would be my desk
    [​IMG]

Here's the view from my desk

[​IMG]

Then the view from the guitar towards my desk. Notice the stack of boxes ready to ship. The overflowing table of inventory to be photographed. The loose crap on my desk that I will eventually sort but is so low on priority scale.
    Oh yeah, I drew that Spawn when the comic came out and I was a teen. Wifey likes it and actually asked me to put it up.

[​IMG]

Desk close up. Whenever I receive several of the same item, I try to keep the better condition and sell the spare. Just haven't done comparisons on this stuff.

[​IMG]

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd say it's time to organize. Buy some shelves, some storage bins and prioritize who you want displayed and who can be hidden in the garage in storage bins for a while. Oh, and throw away the monstrous vibrator in front of movie Megatron's box. :p 

Check out the "collector's showcase" below this forum to see how other folks organize/clean up their collections.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You got a really nice house, man. I second OWAT's advice. The collection showcase forum is great for ideas on how to organize.

Man, what's with all the spots in your pics? Dirty camera lense or giant dust bunnies?

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go get yrself an IKEA Detolf.

Uuh..waitaminute there's a hidden monstrous vibrator in the last pics? :eek: 

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Your Spawn picture looks pretty badass...:thumb 

6. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    you like spawn?
    im sitting on a collection of spawb toys but only spawn himself

7. Gestalts Vault

I don't collect Spawn. I have the first 20 issues. My favorite Image was The Maxx. My uncle has some Spawn stuff.

Oh yeah, this is not my collection. My collection is the G1 stuff in the collection gallery. This is just stuff that's come in over the past couple weeks and my other rooms have no shelf space left.

Not sure if the vibrator is that green lego dino or the surge protector? Don't worry, I keep my vibrator collection separate!

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Are you selling any of that?

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Mine looks like that at times... mostly when stuff just comes in. But usually they get put away.

Before, my nice stuff was displayed in our living room. Then we got a dog. And we have a niece and nephew who show up from time to time...

10. Gestalts Vault

I'm hanging onto the Titaniums. I'm trying to decide which Roadbuster to keep, selling the other. The rest is for sale. See my thread in the Sale forum.
    Thanx!

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

As in the 28 Optimus Primes?

12. Gestalts Vault

Yeah. Keep scrolling, there's more than just Primes. When I get back from this meeting I'll try to get up the Predaking and Omega Supreme stuff.
    Thanx!

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    My Wife is really good about my toy collection...but it has to stay in the toy room.

Nice house though...looks really open.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I know how that feels, whenever I get something new, that toy and any and all of his friends come out and just take over my desk for weeks at a time. Right now it's a combination of Robot Heros, the Cobra Night Watch set and Busuo Shinkis duking it out for total control. :lol 

15. newguy

newguy i

im 13 so i sometimes play with my tf's (i keep them tight) when i dont put them up i cant walk through my room. i only have 26 (30 if you count my 4 frenzys) but they take up a lot of room. normally i set them under my desk and stack their packaging. i somtimes place them on the packaging. i'll take a pic and put it on my profile pic

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G. Vault, what problem? :lol 

17. Gestalts Vault

Problem is the home remodel taking too long. I need my office. My collection will not stay silent much longer!

18. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like that Spawn poster. You did a great job on it.

19. Gestalts Vault

It's the cover of issue #1. The main parts are notebook paper, you can see the lines in the white areas. My red markers all ran out so I used construction paper on the cape. Some of the green smoke trails have been lost to the years. Appreciate the kudos though.
    Thanx!

20. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Bonus decorator points for finding shelfwood which matches the floor.