When the Bio says....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Movebuster, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

When the Tech Specs say the enemy regularly "underestimates" a Transformer...

...That just means he's the first to die.

Right?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not necessarily. It means the enemy mistakes the TF for being weaker than he actually is for a particular trait. (Strength, intelligence, etc.)

3. Movebuster

What I'm saying is, I think Classics Cliffjumper is cannon fodder. Somebody has to be, when monstrous transformers bigger than an alternator are so common.

4. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smaller TFs would be fodder if they were not able to compensate for their small size with other skills. Cliffjumper can use his speed, ingenuity, to his advantage.

5. Movebuster

Yes, but does he? According to his bio, he's always itching for a straight fight.

I see your point, BTW, but who then is cannon fodder? Or can anybody really die on the battlefield? Optimus Prime does it often enough...

6. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless a TF is totally vaporized into nothing, he is usually repaired in the stories. Then there are times when a TF is attacked with an extremely powerful weapon, like Megatron's fusion cannon at point-blank range, which we saw cause deaths in the animated movie.

7. Movebuster

I think what I mean is, that could probably happen to anybody. But I'd like to see what people's opinions are about who is a real weakling. Not just in strength, because then we'd have Bumblebee permanently on a stretcher. And I'm trying to incourage people to have fun with it... this posting was meant to be a joke of sorts!

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If someone is underestimated, it means that other don't think he's that good, when he actually is. Bumblebee may well not be the toughest of most heavily armed Autobot, but he is incredibly resourceful. He's also the most fuel efficient Autobot, and an absolute expert at spying on the Decepticons. They underestimate him because all they see is a little tiny Autobot with no weapons; yet through his actions he's done them far more damage than they would have thought possible.

9. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

A transformer is only truly dead when his toy doesn't sell.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bumblebee said as his Motto: Data Is Power,So remeber David and Goliath let's say Bee was David and a Decpticon was Golaith,He would outsmart him well somkeone like Devsastator.

That's why i Love Bumblebee,Not in a Gay way of Course.(^^)

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Underestimating an opponent doesn't mean they're the first ones to die, it just means they need bailing out more often since they have a habit of picking a fight with someone far more powerful than they are.

Case in point, Cliffjumper in the very first episode of G1 underestimated the Decepticons when he tried to assassinate Megatron and missed the shot, leading to lots of trouble for him and Hound. On that occasion he got away but Hound was wonded, because of Cliffjumper's mistake.

On other occasions, underestimating an opponent could lead to the TF being captured and someone (usually Optimus) being lured into a trap to rescue his comrade.