when jetfire switches sides

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusprime42, Jan 17, 2009.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    will he still be jetfire or skyfire

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Jetfire. Hasbro no longer has the trademark for the name "Skyfire" for one.

3. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    We really don't know if he even switches sides. That is just a rumor as far as we know.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, if he doesn't swap sides in the movie, he did at some point before the time line of the movie. The whole scarred Decepticon logo on his back proves that. Also his name will stay Jetfire. Hasbro hasn't been able to use the Skyfire trademark for a long time now, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

5. 0ptimus__Prime

News Credits:
    Or it could just be a bad paint app. Barricade's paint apps. scratch real easily.

6. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Or the logo could be scarred as an indication that he is 'old', if in fact the rumors about him being the "geriatric Transformer" are true.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If was confirmed in USA Today he's an old decrepit 'Con who chooses to work with the Autobots. He's Jetfire.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We've seen the same pattern of scarring on the figure each time we've seen pictures of it, and with as many photos as we've seen, it definitely isn't just the same exact legends figure in each one of them. You can also tell that it was done on purpose, as it has a sort of artistic look to it. It's just way to neat to be something that happened accidentally. That and why would a Decepticon degrade himself as to combining with Optimus Prime. I can't even see it if the two factions have to work together to defeat a common foe (like at the end of Armada). I could see them working together, but not go as far as to combine with the leader of the group of bots you despise so much.

That too.

9. 0ptimus__Prime

News Credits:
    Oh, sorry my mistake.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's ok. A lot of people thought it was just a messed up paint job when they first saw it, including myself. But after it had been there on every one in the pictures, it got more and more obvious that it was done on purpose. Though I'm not sure if the other Jetfire toys we'll be getting will be sold as an Autobot or a Decepticon. It's hard to tell. Part of me thinks that the Legends will be the only one sold as a "Decepticon" while the others will be sold as Autobots with either just an Autobot logo, both an Autobot logo and a Scarred Decepticon logo, or just a scarred Decepticon logo, but another part of me thinks that they may have the FAB, or maybe even all the other Jetfire toys advertised as a Decepticon. Then have all of them have the scarred up Decepticon logo.

11. 0ptimus__Prime

News Credits:

True, I guess I just was taking it with a grain of salt. Considering Bay's false leaks were to be expected.

12. Ajax 013

Ajax 013 Well-Known Member

I imagine, he sides with the Autobots because he tires of the war, or the Decepticons, or knows something, a vital plot line. Or his fellow 'cons turn on him.