When it rains it poors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mister D, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Good lord our school community's been getting smacked upside for the last year.

Last April, we had the worst flood in fifty years. Many of our students lost their homes.

This was followed by an extremely contentious budget vote, resulting in the school going on austerity for the first time. Taxes still went up %28.

In August, one of our graduates was killed in a car accident. Many of her friends arrived at their new college dorms only to be told to turn around and come home for a funeral.

In September, a senior was put in a coma when he tried to rush a traffic light. He stayed in the coma for over a month and then died. The rest of the year, once per month his friends would wear a t-shirt with his face on it (dressed in his cap and gown).

In October, a middle school student was shot in a hunting accident. His uncle saw it but (God help me he used to date my wife) didn't do anything because he was afraid of losing his hunting license. Because he didn't get the help he needed, he died too.

A week before final exams, four more students were in a bad accident after baccalaureate rehearsal. Three of them died, all seniors. At one point, the class advisor overheard students trying to sort out which friend they were burying that day.

Now things have come full circle- the town is flooding again, and this time is expected to be the worst in the last three centuries.

I don't know what we've done to piss the fates off so (maybe it's the inbreeding), but enough is enough.

2. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

jesus... and i thought i had it bad. ain't nothing compared to this..

3. Kicker

Kicker Feel the power!!!

Ebay:
    God help you and the town. How the hell has it survived so long already?

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    damn. sorry to hear that bud.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

D amn that's some serious, scary shit going down in your area. Crazy. Be careful around there man, keep an extra eye out around your shoulder.

Id say get out but Im guessing you grew up there.
    Sounds like extreme bad luck more than anything.
    Or the making of Final Destination 3 .

Might see if there's some ancient evil dead people buried beneath your area.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, it's been coming down in droves around the DC area, too. Jobsites for the companies I work with have had to cancel or postpone construction projects because the terrain has shifted so badly that the project is impossible now.

We've got a temporary respite today, but the weathermen keep saying more rain is coming. Yeesh.

7. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Ouch! :( 

It's just beyond reason how so much bad luck and bad things can affect one place.
    Lets just hope you and your community will see your luck turn soon *crosses fingers*

8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I didn't grow up here, but my wife did. I DO teach here, and we just bought a home last summer (in one of the upland, dry spots - one of the good things about buying a home after a major flood). Thing is Port has some of the cheapest land in the area, so we got a much better home for the price than we would anyplace else.

Thing is I feel a bit guilty over not suffering more. We didn't get flooded - in fact my wife and I were shut in the weekend of the first flood, and didn't realize it was happening until we tried going to work that Monday. I only knew one of the 6 students who died, and I had him as a freshman, so the feelings were a bit removed.

Otherwise the only way we got bit was when the austerity killed our summer school jobs, but given out salaries compared to the rest of the town, we have no reason to complain.

9. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

That's terrible..but on a lighter note, I'm surprised Dick Cheney wasn't involved in the hunting accident

10. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

what....in blazes is wrong....seriusly its just..........you sure you dont have kaz living arround?
    (for those who didnt read"Canitas") is an interdimensional being evil and suposdely responsible of many deaths.

11. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    for my thougths, just read my sig. I hope all goes well.