when is Universe Wave 3 due out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Ok, the month just started and so far no word on when BBTS would be getting the new Universe Deluxes! Any ideas on when in September they're due out?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Who's all in wave 3?

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They apparently coming out around October 1st in retail stores so I am guessing that BBTS will get them right around that date. Who is in there? Deluxe figures: Sideswipe, Silverstreak, and Ironhide. Voyager--Treadbolt. Ultra--Storm Cloud. If I am missing any, I apologize. These are the ones off the top of my head.

4. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    October? BBTS says September.

5. unicron_is_god

unicron_is_god Banned

could be sept 31st at 11:58pm when they get in :) 

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Yeah I was going on that Sept date they have, but then again if stuff gets delayed they just move the date up every month. But I have em on preorder.

7. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:

Hee, Hee. Yeah what Cascadia said.

8. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I can't wait. The set I pre-orded was the 3 Autobots (Sideswipe, Bluestreak and Ironhide) along with Galvatron and Acid Storm. (I was trying to just pre-order the Autobots, but Ironhide didn't have a seperate pre-order link) Also, is the US gettting a Universe Ratchet any time soon, or should I stick to the Henkei pre-order?

9. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

woot! ironhide is a must, sideswipe is a maybe, streak is probly a no. can't wait! (hope i have money by the time they're out)

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have not heard anything about Hasbro doing a Ratchet so I say stick with the Henkei Pre-order.

11. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    My guess is it should be out sometime this month.

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have not seen wace 2 at a walmart or target, got my galvatron at kohls of all places

13. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Considering I just saw Galvy at my TRU this week, I'd say mid sept to early oct for wave 3 to start its saturation out into the market.

The bios usually show up about a month to a month and a half before the toys do, so that kinda fits with Hasbro listing them if they just started shipping to warehouses and would mean us waiting on stores to widdle down current stock to get to them.

Speaking of henkei I need to place two pre-orders now, Ratchet and Ironhide. Sorry hasbro, but the cartoon color arms work better for me for him. Which means Ratchet will be toon ratchet and not G2 marvel ratchet as Hasbro will probably do. I want toon colorings on those two. I know I'm in the minority, but I hate Ratchets Marvel head colors.

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    That's not how waves work!

A "wave" is a shipment of a size class assortment with a specific breakdown. It's not "Wave 3 Deluxes, Wave 3 Voyagers and Wave 3 Ultras", it's "Deluxes wave 3, Voyagers wave 3, Ultras wave 3" and so on.

Waves of each size class are, by default, independent from each other. They CAN ship together, or around the same time (often with the first waves of each size class in a line), but they don't NEED to. There can also be more waves in one size class than in another.

For example, Cybertron had ten waves of Scouts, nine waves of Deluxes (including a revision wave or a "half" wave, I don't remember exactly), eight waves of Voyagers, six waves of Ultras, four waves of Leaders, and three waves of Supremes. Those waves shipped at different times except for the first waves of each assortment. There were also four waves of Mini-Con two-packs, but the first wave of those shipped months after the line had started.

There's no such thing as a giant mega-wave that contains toys of different sizes. :)