When is this guy coming out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, Sep 17, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

That is FansProject Defender (AKA Classics Springer)

2. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

when they release it.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Shoot.

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Doubtful it'll ever come out. It's way too close to Hasbro's property. Hasbro would probably shut them down for sure if it came out. Which is too bad because Hasbro has yet to give us a true triple changing Classics styled Springer.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, i dunno, they said maybe january or so, as long as hasbro doesn't come down on them, i hope they don't, it's not like they are using blatant rip-offs of their products,

but they are really cautious of what they use when they release something, example in point: mini megs guns were too close to the design of the classics/henkei, so they scrapped them.

green/yellow land vehicle/helicopter transforming toy is not exactly the same as say mini masterpiece prime. no worse than what they do with cars they can't get the licences for, change a couple details and it's no longer the car.

7. mugen_prime

IF it does get released, I'll likely buy it. Hopefully the likeness of Springer isn't enough to get it all shut down.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    They stated at Cybcon that all the ones that we have seen the sketches of (outside of the Rodimus Upgrade) are still in the development stages and there is no timetable for their release, or something to that affect.

9. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Why would HASBRO shut down these garage kit companies? Do these companies financially harm HASBRO?

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    actually as far as the superion kit, it helped them sell a thousand or two units, same with all the ultra magnus overstock, rodimus is getting cleared out of everywhere as well, i think it would be smart to do another run of henkei rodimus right around the time the protector upgrade comes out, they would make a killing

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt there's much Hasbro could do to shut this down, unless they track down Fansproject's factory and/or the location of the Fansproject team. They could make it difficult to import, but there are always ways around these things.

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Because there are making money off there Ideas/Property. Accessories are 1 thing but full blowen Transforming Figures Hasbro has a problem with. At the last Botcon I believe Hasbro said they would be keeping a Very Close Eye on Fans Project. So we will see.

EDIT: Dont get me Wrong. I Love FP and all the work they do. Its Increadible. If they stick to Accessories then they are in the SAFE but once they go into Full Blowen Figures then their Troubles will start.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    exactly,also seeing as fansproject is spread around the globe, it would be pretty near impossible to shut them down,

i think the glorified ko company should get the axe if any of them, not naming names, but i haven't seen an original design/idea from that company

14. BigRC83

News Credits:
    Why doesn't TAKARA have issues with other companies releasing transforming figures?

15. kenm2474

IDK. I Honestly believe marketing rules are diffrent over there.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Why can't Hasbro buy this mold from FP and then sell it in retail?

That way FP gets more money for new add-ons, Hasbro gets more money from TF fans and kids, AND WE FINALLY GET A MODERN VERSION OF A TRIPLE CHANGING AUTOBOT.

17. BigRC83

News Credits:
    That reminds me. Why does HASBRO allow BANDAI to release Power Ranger products?

18. mugen_prime

It could possibly be taken as infringement on Hasbro's Intellectual property and possibly end up with a lawsuit. Especially with a full blown transforming self contained figure designed to look just like an official character. It IS an original design though. So it's kind of a gray area. But Hasbro has said they're keeping their eye on them. So it's hard to say which way it would go. The add on sets are just add ons, not a full blow figure themselves. But I completely agree that there's other companies Hasbro should be more concerned with.

I wouldn't mind seeing that "glorified ko" company brr-icy was talking about disappear either. They really don't seem to have any original ideas. It's all re-sized KOs, or their own version of something someone else has already done.

19. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    It probably won't be for a while. There's still more repaints of the City Commander armour to come :lol . Then the RP trailer/armour is next on the list (& all it's subsequent repaints). Springer could be a year away or more...

20. kenm2474

Licensing Agreement.