When is TF6 going to start filming?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus4EVER, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fug, I have a soft spot for that show since it finally brought back 2d animation and vehicle modes after so many years of cgi monkeys.

2. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was no guard at the gate. Plus I don't recall needing your permission on where to post.

3. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im just asking for your information

4. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Idea about King Arthur and writers room is not bad. The performing of it without the director and competent screenwriter was bad. It's so funny, that you justify TF5, but blame Michael Bay, who is more responsible for the whole series success, than for TF5 failure.

5. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

There’s some misinformation that people seem to think Bay wasn’t hands on before he signed on to direct. But that’s not true either he was still a producer, and had a huge influence on the direction the writers went in. Bay had just as much control of this movie as he did the last ones, I’ve yet to see anyone give concrete evidence that he didn’t!

I don’t think anyone is blaming Bay for the decline in numbers. I’m certainly not. Like I said earlier it’s been 10 years this was always going to decline at some point. Now the studio, and Hasbro has to find the best way to proceed. I’d love to be proven wrong, but I think that means waiting awhile for the next mega budget TF movie. The audience needs to get hungry again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Whenever they have a synopsis. Something like this would be amazing:

"Onionus Prime has left us to meet Lord Farquaad. Some say he will never return. His sworn enemy, Drekatron, vanished. Without swamp-lords chaos reigns. Two species at war, one Drek, one layered. Shrekformers are declared illegal in Far Far Away. The fantasy world has set up a new paramilitary knight force, the SRF. Except in Duloc Donkey lets them scoop up his feces. But these slug-eating beings keep arriving, endless waves of them. We look to the swamps with dread and we wonder how much of our time remains. 100 billion, trillion planets in the Onionverse..."

• Like Like x 3
  7. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on how the Bumblebee movie does. I'm thinking May 2019 for a 2020 release.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm thinking they'll wait to see if Bumblebee gives the series it's second wind. If it does really well, I suspect filming to commence a month or two after they can declare it a financially viable move.

9. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess = June 2018

• Like Like x 1
  10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I love the movie, but doesnt mean i dont see the issues that you and others have, same for the other films, i love them, i like what Bay has done, but just because i like what he's done doesnt mean i dont see the things he's done wrong that has turned off alot of people. Now if it were up for me i want him to stay, i will be cheering if he returns for TF6, but for the good of the franchise, if we want this iteration of the Transformers to continue, Bay needs to step back at least for 3 or 4 films.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

its a good question..hate to be that guy but ive stated day 1..announcing all of those movies together was so unwise....the effects on these movies alone take longer than your traditional production cycle for most other movies..what a mess...

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Right now we really don't know if Paramount plans to keep the release dates they were originally going for or not. The announcement about a cinematic universe and a rather ambitious release schedule were made back when it looked like overseas growth was going to be almost unlimited and that it could continue to make up for the domestic decline. After the box office for The Last Knight took the studio off guard they might be rethinking their plans.

It's not unusual for a movie studio to announce things they don't actually get to. Paramount kept rumors up about GI Joe 3 even when it seemed clear to everyone else that it would not happen. To try to bolster the box office for Fantastic Four Fox went ahead and green lit a sequel that they never made. DC live action movies keep jumping on and off the Warner Brothers schedule. It wouldn't be out of the question for Paramount to bump their next Transformers movie back to see if Bumblebee can turn things around before jumping into another Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  13. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Silence around Transformers is quite interesting.

Lets hope Bay and Marky Mark are finally out.

I hoped that TLK could connect all that mess in previous four movies, but it getting only worst. Well, and movie sucks.

So lets hope Bumbler gonna save the Transformers movie verse or everything is screwed.

I think soon or later China should buy licence or whatever and make their own version of movie. Just look at Wolf Warrior.

14. br4ndon40

br4ndon40 Member

never

15. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Really?:eek:  Even children say that it is crap!

16. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I was being sarcastic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gajedi

gajedi Well-Known Member

Personally I think they need to reboot this series.
    -Simplify the plot. TF 1 was pretty solid.
    -Tone down the sex, language, and violence. Make it family friendly. You can have a good movie without being over the top with that stuff.
    -Get back to the roots. Autobots vs Decepticons.
    -Make a combined g1 universe that includes the best of other TF characters like Beast Wars, Armada, Prime, Original Movie Universe etc.
    -Create original TF characters with new names. No more sticking a name on a character that isn't that character.
    -Use the classics toy formula. Robot characters that are recognizable to the original source material with modern alt modes.
    -This will be the most controversial. Merge the generations toy and movie toy lines together. If you do this the way I'm proposing it would make sense to do this.

18. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have heard this somewhere. And many times. I'm in the Transformers fandom, because Movies HAVEN'T all this things. I'm adult Y-generation open-minded person, only current type of TF movies could be interesting for me. Seriously, dude, go and watch cartoons, Movies aren't for you.

19. gajedi

gajedi Well-Known Member

Everyone can agree to disagree. I have always felt that a movie series based on a toyline selling toys to kids should be family friendly. I think if they toned down some of that stuff it would be more financially successful.

20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    What's the rush? TLK hardly leaves you begging for more. They should take a nice long rest and consider their options.

In the mean time, you got SOLO and Avengers 3 to look forward to! Oh, and Bumblebee, which is The sixth TF movie, TF6th if you like.