When is something lost according to USPS?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by chrisr291, Dec 23, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sold my MP-01B on ebay, mailed the item Priority with Delivery confirmation on the 14th and it never arrived at its destination.:(  The item has been stuck in Dallas since Dec 15th according to USPS BUT everything else I mailed on that day has already arrived.:crazy: 

The buyer informed me of the delay Tuesday and I called USPS to see if they could help. USPS is looking into it BUT they won't have an answer for me until Thursday or after the holiday. It's just upsetting because the buyer has already filed a complaint with ebay but they said it was too early to file.

After this experience, I'm going to require all buyers to purchase insurance... I don't know why I didn't do this before. How is this fair, he will probably get all this money back but i'm out Prime and the money:drunk 

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Ouch...

3. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

The usps website has a table that shows how long you must wait for a package to be considered "missing", depending on which services were purchased.

Not trying to give you a hard time.....but the seller is responsible for the item arriving safe to the buyer. If the item doesn't arrive, insurance is there to back you up. Sometimes saving that $3-$4 on insurance bites you in the ass in the end. I never send anything without delivery/signature confirmation or insurance.

4. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I understand. I've been selling/trading stuff for a good 10 years now and nothing has ever come up lost until now. So thats why I wasn't a stickler for insurance but things are going to change now.

5. Da_Last_2_Walk

How much might you be out?

6. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its not much (Under 100) but what really kills me is the guy annoyed me from day one lol. The guy must of sent me a few email demanding to know "How many times have you transformed Prime?", "did you know how to Transform him before opening the package?", "HOw much bubble wrap will you use when shipping the item?" Stupid questions.... If it was anyone else, I wouldn't of cared but the guy got underneath my skin before the auction ended.:2c: 

7. Da_Last_2_Walk

Of course something finally goes wrong when you get "one of those" type buyers. :lol 

Hope you don't get banged with a - feedback.

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    officially they declare it lost after 30 days...you can have them run a "trace" on the package by completing a lost package trace request...they search around that location that it was last logged at...."good luck with that" ..

it could just be clogged with other stuff in the flotsam of mail during the holiday craze....i had a fellow TFW2005 member sell me a few trasformers shipped from the east coast with delivery confirmation via priority mail...item never showed scanned anywhere...took 10 days almost to arrive...

so it could show up...

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Hopefully eBay will be more patient about your case than the buyer. I've had two domestic First Class packages that took nearly 30 days for delivery. For each I got in contact with USPS, who surprisingly had amazing customer service, to initiate a trace. I can't say if that actually helped but each package did arrive. I'd recommend If your items aren't delivered in around another week, give USPS a call.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    idk though. you have tracking and proof that you sent it. i think at that point it is out of your hands. it is also a busy time for usps.

thats why i always state in my auctions my items are sold as is, no returns, no refunds and no exchanges.

i recently purchased an item of ebay from a uk seller that took forever to ship. i opened a claim and he immediately said he had a tracking but in the end could never provide it. after a month from the day buying it, ebay sided with me and i got a refund.

also when ppl start asking all those questions you know they could be up to something or super picky and looking to bitch about anything. i just wont sell to them.

11. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is it going to though? Increment weather can sometime delay where it is going too and not where it is leaving from. Snow in the east and rain and floods in the west will slow down transit. Also when I have called USPS for a lost item that I have sent and they put a tracer on it, it "magically" reappears again in their system after a few days. Packages fall through the cracks sometimes, even Priority. It should be easier for them to be forthcoming on info on the Priority shipment than Parcel and you should be fine in the end. Unfortunately I too have gotten buyers like what you got and something happens more than what you expected especially on the delivery side.

12. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up honestly. A lot of the mail I've been getting has had delays and were all sent Priority. I too would call that 1-800 number on the USPS sight and call them about a lost package again. Like rhodium1977 said, most of the time they pop up out of nowhere. The bad thing is this buyer sounds like he might leave a negative even though the package will have the date is was mailed. I hate when they throw the blame at the seller for USPS delays... Good luck man, I hope this all clears up.

13. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not that this helps, but I try and avoid these type of people since they will nitpick the item to death. If there's a piece of lint on the item it doesnt matter what your description or buying rules are eBay will almost always favor the buyer. Just ban them and move on.

Either way, just keep up with the process that the USPS tells you to do and keep updating paypal and ebay. Build the case around all that you're doing.

14. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Wonder if he has the item and is trying to screw you because it hasen't been updated or something dumb like that, ive had that happen to me where I needed to sign for a box and such and the mail carried just walked away. Hope it works out for you and it's just stuck some place due to xmas

15. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update:

USPS found the package.... Now, how do you block users? I hate people that just jump the shark and immediately accuse you of being a thief :2c: 

16. Da_Last_2_Walk

Buyer/Bidder Management

17. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks a lot!:thumbs2: 

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    block that biotch!

19. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and as if this couldn't of got any worse.... now the guy is claiming I sent him a damaged, dented Black Convoy. These are the photos he sent me and this is NOT the Convoy I mailed him.

Grill scratches
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left shoulder dents (Don't all MP Prime have these marks? My MP04 has the same ones)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have any photos of the legs however... he is claiming they are damaged/dented
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is super lame and i'm pissed.....

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    so basically he is pulling the old buyer "get a better one and then pull the free upgrade option at the expense of the seller" trick on ebay...

sad to say...ebay will probably side with him...I sold a ehobby pathfinder to a buyer on ebay...and had the person claim that i mailed them the wrong item...they filed not as described claim...then mailed me back a freaking brakedown transformer in a box with tracking...so they got my ehobby transformer for free plus all their $$$ plus shipping back from ebay....

i swear...if some company ever came up with a business model that could compete with ebay...i would freaking buy stock instantly in that place....i freaking loathe ebay...as a seller .