When is McDuffie leaving JLA...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i just read the injustice arc and its so lame...i just couldnt get into it at all...i wanna keep reading this, i loved metzlers arc..but man. ugh...just cant continue with this...but if he's gonna be gone sooon i could at least buy it to not have issues missing...but then again, im really thinking about taking this arc back and trading it for something else...

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    McDuffie is on the book for the foreseeable future. I've been underwhelmed with his run so far, myself (although the Red Tornado back-up in this week's issue was fantastic and a hopeful sign of things to come). Still, I'm liking his stuff way more than Meltzer's slow paced, packed with continuity errors run.

One of the things that I think may be holding McDuffie back is that, so far, all of his issues have had to tie into some other event. The Injustice League arc had to tie into Ollie and Dinah's wedding and Salvation Run, the next issue tied into the Tangent maxiseries, and the current arc is so tied to Salvation Run that McDuffie is being bumped to back-up features so Alan Burnett can write the main story. I'm hoping that once McDuffie doesn't have to play around with the event du jour, we'll see some of the great stuff he was known for on JLU.

3. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I hope so. Personally, I loved Meltzer's first arc about how that incarntaion of the team came together. So when the first thing MeDuffie did was go in and mess around with the roster, I was a little turned off. The constantly changing artsists isn't helping either.

I did really enjoy the two F4 issues of his I read though (Civil War tie-ins), so I'm hoping he will eventually be giving proper run on the book and things will greatly improve.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I dropped the book. I enjoyed the JL/U cartoon series, but I hating seeing JLA proper being turned into a carbon copy of it.

5. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

Personally, I believe McDuffie's biggest draw back is his involvment with the JLU cartoon. I don't need a freakin' cartoon rehash in my comic books. I hate when they do that.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Thank god Benes is on art so there's some substance. If it was story alone, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

And I also second the change of roster immediately as pissing me off. However, Ido like the addition of Firestorm, even if he hasn't done anything.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, i had a hard time reading the last arc as it really sucked...this past issue looks like this arc will suck too...and like all, thank goodness for Benes, or it would of been dropped a while ago.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The roster change doesn't bother me. Firestorm: good. No Hal: good.

I made a point of it to go back and read every issue of Justice League ever printed a couple years back (which took the better part of said couple years). McDuffie is by no means the best writer to touch the book (that would be Keith Giffen, of course), but he is definitely far from the worst (Gerard Jones).