When is IDW releasing Beast Wars MTMTE style Profile Book?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Thread title says it all, which month can we expect issue one; after re-reading The Gathering yesterday I'm itching for Beast Wars profiles.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    probably sometime near the end of summer i would think. that way they can focus on movie stuff first, then pump those out....

3. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Wars MTMTE???

Does anyone know if IDW's Beast Wars Profile book is still coming out, delayed, or outright cancelled?

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    its still coming

just been pushed back is all
    i think i heard late 07

not sure

but yeah. its still comin :p 

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    hurray for beast wars.....i cant wait for these...i need to see if i can find the trades of the original MTMTE eye, cuz i dont wanna read my issues....

6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Lumpy, I think it might be hard to find those MTMTE paperbacks. It was one of the very last things DW published and probably didn't get heavily ordered. Thats bad, but the good thing is that IDW is/was planning on releasing a hardcover of the all the MTMTE material. I already have both paperbacks but I'm tempted to get the hardcover.

I don't know when it will get released but I think it would be awesome to see it released.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Do you suppose IDW might try adding more entries into the G1 MTMTE hardcover? They're adding the BWII and Neo characters into the BW version, why not do the same for G1? I think it would be a great idea. Hopefully they think so too.

8. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

The BW one is brand new never before released from DW or anybody; it has no ties to the supposed BW material DW was planning therefore IDW can add as much as they want to it seeing it's their book from the get go.
    The only way they could possibly add any more material to the DW MTMTE Profile Books would be if the additional Profiles like Sunstorm, Bumper, the Femmebots and whatever else was planned for that special Optimus Prime event issue like back in December 2004 or whenever were fully written up, inked, and IDW had access to them.

In retrospect that may be why IDW has taken so long to release the MTMTE Hardcover edition; they may be digging around for those profile pages in order to add them there too, or it's possible they're doing a general Hardcover with Marvel's old TFU pages (All of them including the ones from the backs of certain issues) and DW's MTMTE pages in one rather impressive collectible, which would suit me just fine because I'd dig having both TFU and MTMTE in one format to compare the two and just have one massively handy reference guide for the Marvel TFU and the DW TFU.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    dude, when that hardcover gets solicited, im so buying it....thats gonna be swell....

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm guessing fall for BW too, probably around the time the Decimation/Annihilation (can't remember the exact name of the arc after Escalation) starts.