When I'm thinking about Legends.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Feb 28, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was just considering how Hasbro decided to make a new version of Long Haul as a stand alone Legends toy, they have also made 2 versions of Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee got more than one mold, and there will be 2 versions of Rampage too.

Now when I look at the Constructions I can see that mixmasters is if anything the one that is perhaps the most disapointing due to the need to make room for the supermode head. so if they must remake things I'd have thought he'd have been on the list before Long Haul ?

But it got me to thinking what other characters might benifit from a new mold or just being made at all (other than the Mixmaster I already mentioned).

It seems the little insectoid sphere robots might make an obvious legends toy. as would the whole collective of 'The Kitchen Crew' at least they'd be closer to scale then.. though they'd also work well as scouts or a new wave of Real Gear Robots.

A Legends Dispensor might work maybe (though he'd be better as a scout).

I think really that would make an ideal promo piece for the 3rd movie.

But looking at the 2007 Legends 1970's Bumblebee and Barricade stand out to me as 2 that could easily be remade and remade well. perhaps also characters based on the vehicles from the movie like the tricycle Stryka (Striker?) bikes, The HX, and Landmine/Armorhide.

I'm kind of curious that they'd used Classics Legends as Movie toys in the twin packs when quite obvious things like a [grey patrol] Barricade, Jungle Bonecrusher, Incinerator, Off-Road Ironhide, or a Silver Ironhide I thought that a bit odd.... Also perhaps it might be worth making a Protoform Optimus/Bumblebee/Ironhide or Jazz as a legends toy.

----

But i'm sort of curious as to what Hasbro would do with the legends scale in later 2010 and into 2011 - would they carry it on. save some of their ideas for the 3rd movie line.

Make legends based on the new cartoon - or even some Generation Legends ?

They might even consider stopping making them and replacing the lower price point with Powercore combiner style minicons.

Your thoughts....?

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    As long as its a Legends I'll buy it. I've managed to get ahold of every single one since the subline started back with Cybertron. They're cheap, easy to transform (well, Cybertron Soundwave aside) and don't take up too much space. Sounds like the perfect line to go completist on to me.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I love legends.

Devastator is great, in fact most of them are great. IMO they still haven't nailed movie Prime yet, but some of the other ROTF ones are the best yet (really like Sideswipe, Skids & Mudflap)... and the Animated legends are also awesome.

They actually fit really well alongside G1 minibots.

Yep, love 'em.

4. Bulletbill

Bulletbill Maverick

I love legends. They make my combiners look big/menacing.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    It seems pretty redundant to redo Long Haul and Rampage. I don't really see the point. It's not like they're overwhelmingly popular or important characters.

My theory on this is that the molds were already designed and prototyped when TakTom decided to go ahead with Legends Devastator. If any of the legends constructicons needed to be redone, it was clearly Mixmaster. Not only does he have the Devastator head hanging off his back, his own headsculpt is wrong (they went with the goofy Brendan Gleason head).

As for other legends they could do, I would've liked a Frenzy that turned into the ghetto blaster. In my idle moments I came up with a basic transformation scheme that would've had better proportions than the FAB.

6. Bumblethumper

News Credits:

That's strange, because I thought ROTF Optimus was one of the best Legends ever, while Skids and Mudflap are disappointingly mediocre.

7. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    In my opinion, certain characters work only in the Legends scale. RotF Wheelie, for example, works best in Legends class, as does Universe Wheelie. What I'd like to see from Legends is the rest of the Minibots...Huffer, Pipes, Hubcap, Cliffjumper, heck, even Bumper/Bumblejumper. Some Targetmasters for my weaponless figures would be great also.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Huh, well there ya go.

Perhaps I need to revisit Prime. Still haven't combined him with Jetfire yet so who knows?

Anyone want to name their fav legends figure of all time?

9. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That would be awesome. I did not really get into the legends class until the minibots redux. I really enjoy Brawn and Beachcomber they look like they did in the G1 Cartoons. Just wish I could have found the rest of them. Hell, even Rodimus looked good. I really like the ROTF line of legends too.

Considering the amount of materials and engineering that goes into designs of legends I have to wonder why hasbro had not made more of push on these little guys. But the business side of me realizes that legends are not the bread and butter source like the deluxes and voyager lines are for Hasbro

Still though I gotta wonder just how many legends could have been made from the amount of plastic in ROTF Supreme Devastator :stick: 

10. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    I want a movie frenzy that turns into a boombox

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I wonder if Frenzy into a Mobile Telephone is worth doing as a legends.

As for favorite... Hmmm tricky.

That new wheelie looks promising. I like ROTF Sideways and Sideswipe a lot.

I quite like Cybertron Megatron and all the Legends Cybertron Starscream repaints I'm fond off them too I suppose.

Bonecrusher is quite cute and so's Brawl though both are arguably to fragile for kids to handle them.

Classics Wheelie is a pretty good mold too. I think overall all the Classics ones are pretty good.

If your going to make me name just one - then g1 Jazz (with a little custom paint) is my favorite one probably overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sideways is my fav movieverse one.

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    (sorry it was rude to trample your opinion like that, yeah ROTF Optimus is worth another look, IMO.)

As for favourite of all time?

Universe Wheelie. It's just a really terrific mold.

Cybertron Evac was my first Legends figure, and I still think it's one of the better molds. I particularly like the Universe Blades redeco.

Ironhide is another good one. My fave of the original movie-line.

And for the do-over list, movie Starscream. Desperately.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I've got a few of the Movie Legends; First Aid (Repainted ROTF Legends Ratchet), Mudflap and Sideswipe (The "Fury of Fearswoop" set w/ battle damage), and Skids (to go with Mudflap). For what they're worth, I love the little figures, and I do still need to find a Legends Springer as he's awesome.

Oh, and I also have a MISB Legends Soundwave in Classics 1.0 packaging, but I don't want to open him as the alt. mode appears to be very bland and robot mode looks better, anyways. He's the only TF I'll probably ever keep trapped inside his plastic prision.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    finish the minibots...including seaspray and powerglide in legends

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only Legends I want are the misising new versions of G1 minibots - Seaspray, Gears, Windcharger, Tailgate etc

16. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Never cared for Legends at all. Bought the G1-ish Wheelie and so far that's it. Little TFs don't cut it for me unless it's someone who suppose to be small (like Wheelie) and someone I want for the collection, natch. Otherwise, I have no interest.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I'm a Legends completist, well sort of, the most of the new repaints are disappointing... So new Legends molds are always welcome, especially as mentioned before, Dispensor, Frenzy. What I really want is to have a Legends VW Classic Beetle BB or maybe even a Suzuki Swift BB. The G1/G2 Mini-bot VW BB is cute, like a ChoroQ, but I would like a more proportioned Legends version.

It would be like crying for the moon but here are some more Legends version I would like to have:

- ICT Twins (even if sold separately, I would buy them)
    - G1 Cliffjumper
    - G1 Arcee
    - G1 Blurr
    - G1 Megatron
    - G1 Grimlock (I have the WST version, but would appreciate an all plastic Legends version)
    - G1 Soundwave (boombox)
    - G1 Blaster
    - TFA Bulkhead
    - TFA Arcee
    - TFA BB metallic

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I quite like Legends hound too.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    There's the TFU Legends version, the old military Jeep... :) 

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm not a big fan of Legends, but I only have 2 so I can't really judge yet. I love the Legends Universe Bumblebee I have.