When I Say I Want A New G1 Cartoon...

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by orangeitis, May 24, 2018.

1. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Transformers Roar!

Well, chances are Hasbro wouldn't ever want a Steven Uglyverse visual knock-off because it couldn't sell their toys. This makes TFs kinda safe from the Thundercats fate. For now.

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

The cons having full control of cybertron was established in the seasons one and two

And even if UM, Springer, Kup were on cybertron at the time the cons having full control of Cybertron is Hardly debatable. The bots were barely a functional rebellion , but shockwave controlled any area of cyberTron that was worth wild they had stock piles of energy. All we know the bots had for sure with a few female warriors and alpha and they were all in hiding needing to steel from shockwave to survive
    Did you guys mention to several times that you’re talking about only the cartoon? If that’s the case then those parts of the bio so that apply to the conversation because those aspects were never shown in the cartoon
    Again not accounting for the incompetence of the cons lol
    Doesn’t really matter what sport it is, the analogy does put a group of pro’s/warriors against a bunch of amateurs/civilians And is likely That the pros/Warriors are going to win or at least do better even if they’re out number 2 to 1
    Yeah this is the second time you mention that? The storm seekers created the acid rain didn’t seem to damage them at all , and it was the bots that were being damaged by the acid rain

And even if those seekers or the others were defeated at the time is no reason to say that they will permanently dealt with
    3 appearances in season 2
    3 appearances in season 3, with one of those appearances up being a three second nonspeaking spot and the other being a two sentence spot

I’m sorry I wouldn’t really call that a fair bit of input

But I still agree with you I would like to see Show set in that time

3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    You know what I think would be awesome?

A new Transformers cartoon that captures the reason why people fell in love with this brand back in 1984. Nothing has come close to matching the G1 cartoon when it comes to the sheer amount of people who fell in love with the brand, not even the live-action films. Hell, you don't have to just regurgitate the G1 cartoon, but just capture the reason why people who saw the cartoon back in the 80's still love it so much. Voltron: Legendary Defender is a fantastic example of what I'm talking about. The creators of that show didn't just remake Voltron: Defender of the Universe. They grew up with the show, and they understood why people loved it. They updated the show so that a new generation could fall in love with Voltron just like the previous had. They made the show that they remembered watching, not the show that they did watch. They didn't condescend to the source material, but only updated it to better fit the 2010's. People who loved the original show could fall in love with the new one, and people who've never heard of Voltron could fall in the love with the show.

That's just my two cents on the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    So you're saying you want a fun show that has solid writing, does something new and exciting with the material while staying respectful to the original series?

Great googly moogly. Why are you such an unreasonable jerk?

5. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

In S2 it looked like the Decepticons had lost their energy supply from both Monacus and Traal (on a side note, from the Dialogue to me it seemed like those energy sources were in place before Megatron was revived in the 1980s but I would be interested to get your view on that?). Maybe the Decepticons were able to restore energy from those locations or they just got new sources of energy from another planet. Or, given that Autobot City and 2 moon bases were being built that Autobots resources were so stretched, that the Decepticons could have plundered more of earth's resources with less resistance.

Anyway, the point (and events leading up to) where Megatron moves back to Cybertron is of great interest to me. On the undersea base was it deserted, destroyed or used by teams like the Stunticons and Combaticons.

In order for me to enjoy S3 even more, I would like to know what happened to Sky Fire, Inferno, Hoist and Skids. I assume they died, but how. I would also like this proposed production to contain an explanation for the previous whereabouts (or origins) of Autobots including UM, Hot Rod, Springer, Pipes, Broadside, Sky Lynx and Blaster's cassettes.

In the same way, I would like this proposed production to contain the previous whereabouts (or origins) of the BattleChargers, Octane, and Ratbat. Also what happened to Buzzaw, as he was never seen in the Movie or S3 and beyond.

I hope that at least some of the seekers on Cybertron survived. Like I say, I would like to see them in the proposed production. I just wish in Desertion of the Dinobots, Search for Alpha Trion and Revenge of Bruticus they were used, instead of or to supplement the Sentinels. It was Flint Dille or whoever had just forgotten about them.

Good points on Alpha Trion, in Forever, is a Long Time it was as if only the Consumer Goods (who became the Autobots) fought the Quints. I wish in that episode it could have shown the Military Hardware doing their bit and a character like Liege Maximo being featured.

6. Distant1

Good points. I thought that new series like Armada or whatever are meant to capture what was so entertaining about G1 but with a more modern spin.

7. Altered Prime

I do think they lost those sources during the events of those episodes, but considering that they had those sources I’m pretty sure they had more

And I don’t recall anything from the dialogue that would even suggest that those sources were in place before 1984 but who knows, either way if Megatron wasn’t Involved when those sources were annexed My point was simply that the cons had access to that stuff

I think those moons preexisted, and there were more than two
    It would be cool if they will make an attempt at a series or maybe a few short animated films to cover that time.
    That actually sounds pretty good

8. Distant1

Cool, so on the premise the Decepticons have energy sources from another planet at least. But after Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime the Decepticons retreat to Char. But why Char, which is also devoid of energy?

I like to think that something freakish event occurred on another planet (like its Sun going Nova) and that meant the Decepticons had to abandon that planet a little bit before 2005. They still got enough energy to use Cybertron as their main base. But they had no good place to go after Unicron was decimated.

Also on energy, I always thought that Shockwave built the space bridge to efficiently land safely transport energy back to Cybertron.

9. Altered Prime

Does that shock you?

Seems pretty logical to me they probably lost a lot of their army On the assault an autobot city and when Unicron attacked. Their leadership structure pretty much fell apart

End it certainly logical to assume the bats were chasing them off all the planets as well considering that they were trying to hunt and find them on earth
    Yeah I can see that

10. Distant1

A little bit. From S1 and S2 I expect the Autobots to wave the Decepticons farewell, as the Decepticons retreat.

Actually, things are clearer for me on this topic. Maybe after Unicron is decapitated, news of this spreads across planets. Sky Lynx could be brought in from somewhere as a means of keeping the Decepticons a safe distance away. The Autobots rebuild Autobot City and give Metroplex life. After Metroplex's transforming cog is installed, the Autobots build Broadside for extra protection at sea, in the air and in space.

I know the following could go into a different thread, but do you have any thoughts on Hot Rod's origin as per the G1 cartoon?

As he is portrayed to be young in the movie, I like to think he was created post-1985.

In my chain of events (so far) is that one or two Autobots die (whilst Elita 1 is still alive and on Cybertron) and they take the deceased Autobot remains back to Cybertron. At that point, they create Hot Rod as they may have access to Vector Sigma. At the same time, they could also create Blaster's tapes.

For all other Autobots (excluding Slammer who was discussed in another thread0 like who first appeared in either the movie or FFOD, I consider them to be pre-existing Autobots.

11. Altered Prime

I could see why like I said I was an accounting for the cons and confidence that we seen in so many episodes I was just basing my information on what should’ve been the case based on the accomplishments we learned of which apparently happened behind the scenes
    I tend to think that broadside is another guy that just returned home
    The son of Elita 1 and Ultra Magnus, Conceived after a one night stand and raised by Optimus prime who thought it was his son
    Bumblebee was portrayed just as young and we know he was over 4 million years old

While all the characters that were literally days old will portrayed as full-blown adults

I don’t think we could draw any inference from how these characters were depicted about their ages
    kool

12. Distant1

That is why if there was this proposed production I would like to see extra scenes from the movie. Ideally, I would like it to conclude in a similar manner to end of Starscream's Brigade where the (Combaticons and Screamer are left on an asteroid).

Just thought of it yesterday, but with Broadside he was first introduced in Thief in the Night (from Memory). Just saying, this would be consistent if he was built after Metroplex. But hopefully, this proposed production would iron that out.

With the movie, the Autobots were using non-transformer space shuttles to get around. Maybe this was just done as they did not want to kill Omega, Broadside and Sky Lynx.

You do not think HR came into existence just after OP and Elita met again in Search for Alpha Trion.

Yeah the dialogue in MTMTE is interesting around Bumblebee. Seems an interesting time for the Autobots to bring in a new character (other than for the TV audience), I guess small fuel-efficient vehicles are/were vital.

13. NaCl

NaCl High school graduate

All I want is for Reflector to get the spotlight once.
    Also Warpath should keep his Tourette's.

14. Distant1

It is fitting that Reflector should get the spotlight, at least on this occasion and Warpath has to ZING.

15. Altered Prime

Yeah but the following episode showed the combaticons defeating shockwave and taking cybertron .
    I think you’re overstepping your theory

First introduction is absolutely no way to determine when a character was created at least not in transformers
    I think you’re more likely it was just because those guys couldn’t be everywhere all the time or everywhere sometime a group of parts needed a ride
    I don’t think there’s any real reason to come to any conclusion
    I am confused by your statement here

MGMT was the first episode, all the characters were new characters

16. Distant1

The follow up is S3.

Just speculating on Broadside. But if Sky Lynx and Broadside appear before the Movie that is potentially 5 Big Autobots (OS, Superion, Defensor, Sky Lynx and Broadside) v 3 Big Decepticons (Devastator, Menasor, and Bruticus). But I take your point about the respective combat skills of Autobots and Decepticons.

With the movie (as per Ironhide's initial dialogue), I thought the Autobots were getting ready for battle (we know they got caught unaware though). It would seem a strange time to deploy some of their heavy hitters (Broadside, Omega, and Sky Lynx) away from likely battle locations.

Sorry, meant to say the Autobots create a new Autobot (i.e. Bumblebee).

17. Altered Prime

I would think that there are plenty of more big ones throughout the universe that we just never met
    Well like they said in those Teletran 2 files shorts, They may have been spread throughout the universe in other areas that the cons had bacrs or sources of energy Or other operations of sorts

Think about it we already know that they weren’t just limited to earth and cybertron,
    I get what you meant I just don’t see the point in them creating a new robot in the first episode when all the characters were already new anyway

It wouldn’t of made any impact in the story or to the audience because from our perspective every single one was already new

18. seanlockyer

seanlockyer UCF: The REAL 2017 National Champions

Ebay:
    I want a continuation of the original series. Pick it up 10 years after Rebirth. Call it season 4.5 or something....

19. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I posted this before, but this is what I have in mind:

Year 1:

Transformers Season 1,

An origin story using the 1984 cast. How they ended on Earth, and their adventures. This will include the introduction of Jetfire. The Ark transforms to Omega Supreme and fights Devastator in the season finale.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Season 1,

Basically Rescue Bots but using Minibots as the main characters, and they will share the art style as the main cartoon and also continue appearing in the main cartoon. This is just for their mini adventures outside of the main story. It is also a good excuse to split the cast as the main G1 cast is huge on the Autobot side.

Transformers Special 1: The Beast Within,

An origin story of the Dinobots using the Fall of Cybetron plot. The Beast Within title is just a homage for laughs; there will no Dinobot combination or at least Shockwave can try...

Year 2:

Transformers Special 2: The Secret of the Constructicons,

An origin story of the Constructicons. The title is a homage to The Secret of Omega Supreme and also alludes to the fact that the Constructicons combine to Devastator.

Transformers: Combiner Wars Season 2,

An origin story for Bruticus, Defensor, Menasor, and Superion. The season finale will be a modified version of the Starscream's Brigade plot; Bruticus fights Defensor, and Megatron kills Starscreams.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Season 2,

The 1985 Autobot Cars and Minibots are added to the cast. Most of the 1985 Autobot Cars are rescue vehicles anyway.

Year 3:

Transformers Special 3: The Touch,

A modified version of the 1986 movie. Unicron is destroyed at the end, and his fragments are scattered across the universe.

Transformers: Mini-Con Legends Season 3,

Rodimus Prime must battle Galvatron in a race to collect the Mini-Cons. Introduces the Headmasters and the Targetmasters; the Headmasters use the Japanese concept of smaller Cybertronian that uses a Transtector for aid, while Targetmasters are Mini-Cons.

The Mini-Cons are discovered to be fragments of Unicron. In the season finale, both the Autobot and the Decepticons team up to battle a revived Unicron and free their Mini-Con partners.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Season 3,

The Throttlebots are added to the cast.

Year 4:

Transformers: The Next Generation Season 4,

A modified G2 concept. The Transformers are back on Earth, Star Saber must lead the Autobots against against the new forces of the Decepticons lead by Deathsaurus. Also introduces some G2 characters.

Transformers: Rescue Bots Season 4,

The human Headmaster Juniors are added to the cast.

Transformers Special 4: The Rebirth,

A modified version of the The Rebirth plot where all the surviving cast from Season 1 to 4 come together to fight against Starcream who has gained a lot of power; remember Transformers Cybertron's plot. Optimus Prime revives in a Star Convoy body.

Direct to Video:

The Seeker, A 13 episode side story of how Starscream revived and his seek for power leading The Rebirth.

The Power of the Primes, An origin story of the original 13.

Drift, An origin story.

Last Stand of the Wreckers, an original short story of the Wreckers.

Decepticon Justice Division, an original short story of the DJD.

Beast Wars, First part of Beast Wars.

Beast Wars Part 2: Code of Hero, Second part of Beast Wars.

Beast Machines: Endgame

This can last about a decade and will a build an entirely new continuity for current fans to re enjoy G1, and introduce new fans to a modernised complete Transformers lore.

20. Altered Prime

Most?
    Half maybe

They were 6 ( 7 if you count skids, he was originally released in 84 but didn’t let a wide release and didn’t make the catalog ) cars released that Year
    Skids mini van
    Smokescreen race car
    Tracks Corvette
    Grapple Construction crane
    Hoist tow truck
    Inferno firetruck
    Red Alert Fire chief car

Now the last two are definite rescue vehicles even though the fire chief car is more of an administrative used car and you might be able to call a tow truck rescue vehicle but I’m not sure i agree.