When / how did Jetfire become the SR71?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    When and / or how did Jetfire become the SR71?

2. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might wanna be more specific. Do you mean story-wise or concept-wise?

Either way, I don't know, and unless someone working on the production team has said something, I don't think anyone else knows. :\ Though I hear there will be a Jetfire-centric comic in the Tales Of The Fallen series.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I've wonder that. They say he is Thousands of years old yet shows up in a jet in the Smithsonian that is no older than 40 years old. Makes you wonder.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's one of those general "gimmies" that they kinda figure the audience can put together. We saw stock photos of old World War II B-24 Liberators, old Model Ts, etc. all of which were being treated as if they were part of this ancient group of robots on earth. Obviously, the Transformers can upgrade, so probably, somewhere along the way, these ancients just kept up with the times and scanned new modes periodically.

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Right, that's obvious... But everything Jetfire says implies that he's been dormant for much longer than 40 couple years. At least that's the impression I got.

6. kenm2474

But he was dormant for a long time and was confused on where he was. It took the Allspark to bring him back online. If he were one of the older planes in there then I coud understand but not a Blackbird.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ...a rift in the time-space continuum. That's what happened. Yeah. They were in temporal flux near a quantum fissure. That's the ticket.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    it was pretty clear when he woke up that he was totally delusional and confused.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    According to the Tales of the Fallen series, Jetfire was on Earth at the same time as The Fallen way back when they first built the sun harvester. He joined the Decepticons because he believed The Fallen was helping Cybertron when his brother Primes were supposedly going to abandon it. When he realized that The Fallen only wanted power and was planning to betray the Primes, he protested and tried to stop him. When the other Primes appeared, The Fallen teleported Jetfire and the rest of the first Decepticons, who were Constructicon drones picked by The Fallen, back to Cybertron where they attack him.

Jetfire destroyed all but the Mixmaster drone, who came close to destroying him until he used all his power to teleport them into Earth's Atmosphere. Jetfire blasted Mixmaster on the way down, destroying him, and landed in a desert, where he laid in stasis for millions of years. When he awoke, he noticed that he had aged greatly. While trying to figure out what exactly happened, he noticed an SR-71 nose-diving towards him. He was able to scan it and transform before the smoke cleared. Apparently the US army was testing the vehicle in a desert. So Jetfire took on it's role.

10. kenm2474

In no way could that be a Gimme as Ops_was_a_truck stated. I am not bashing you man just saying thats a lot to come up with on your own.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  11. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

it must've been right before they moved the Smithsonian to the Arizona desert

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I dunno if you're talking to me or him, but I didn't come up with it. i clearly stated "According to the Tales of the Fallen series..."

13. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Thats a plot hole.

14. kenm2474

No not you at all. Ops_was_a_truck said it was a Gimme for the audiance to figure out.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just taking a guess but perhaps Jetfire wasn't dormant the whole time. Maybe he just took his current nap 40 years ago. What sort of alt mode he had before that is anyone's guess at this point since all we know is it would have to be something about the size of a SR71.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well as the The SR-71 line was in service from 1964 to 1998 clearly it was between those dates and going with what Opticron Primal said id think it was perhaps an accident during testing in the 1960s in which Jetfire took his final form and hid until reawakened by Sam in the "Smithsonian"

17. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

A Wizard did it.

Here's another question: Why does Jetfire have AIM-120-looking missiles, when the SR-71 was unarmed, never carried AIM-120s, and Jetfire was dormant since long before the AIM-120 came into service?

(Actually, I have an explanation for this: At the NASM, there's an AIM-120 on display near the SR-71. Jetfire scanned it at some point.)

18. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all i have to say is, i dont care i love jetfire :D 

19. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

This is good info to know, but brings up the question as to what the Constructicon's alt forms were :) 

20. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    He passed thorugh a space bridge where one of the clones that looks just like him was waiting and then he jumped to Arizona out the back door of Washington DC and then became a Blackbird. They explained it all at the Bot-Con panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.