2D Artwork: When Form Meets Function

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by GrungeWerX, Jun 16, 2010.

1. GrungeWerX

GrungeWerX Well-Known Member

I wanted to represent the 80s with that old school shading style that made my eyes google at the tv screen as a child. Thank God I still remember how to do it.

Anywho, continuing with my Trickshift theme. I wanted to show a working "nude" endoskeletal frame...show what's beneath all those alt mode parts. This is the result.

Oh, and I wanted to show her "gel packs/mammaries" (as you guys call them) at full capacity.

Very curious to hear your thoughts.

I've uploaded the Hi-Res version on my DeviantART page for anyone who's interested. Makes a nice print.

Tools: Photoshop CS/Wacom Tablet

- GrungeWerX

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Quite impressive, People don't think to much on the inner workings.

3. MustardwKetchup

MustardwKetchup Well-Known Member

Very nice! I like how clean your linework looks, and it's definitely more complicated in terms of plating, etc.

I think the only thing that I took a double take at was the light on her abdominal plating.. Everything apart from her stomach seems to have the light underneath them, but her stomach seems to have a light shining from above, and not necessarily the light from her... jubblies.

I do like the cell shading though.

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

ARE THOSE ROBO MAMMARIES! JK, this is actually really cool, took me a moment to get the whole leg and arm thing figured out.

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Are those toes down there on her foot? Oh, and excellent work - your art style is probably my favorite around for 2d work. Also your functionality reasoning behind her robo-knockers actually works. I never ever stopped to think about how a fembot's chest area works. Although it does look like she has a helmet on still; I've always imagined that underneath of the helmet most Cybertronians would have 'hair' that was actually made up of wires. Maybe that's just me, though.

~Z

6. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

This is amazing, for some reason it reminds me of Samus taking a break from a suit...albeit the lack of human presence in your pic.
    I love the glow and colours in her breasts and the little human inspired details on her robot body. She even subtly has an ass. Form = function, works.
    I must say, I don't really like that bottom pink glow, kind of distracting.
    Still, this is beautiful work.