when does movie reverb come out

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 22, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

does anyone know when movie reverb will be released?

its the figure that a repaint of the energon bruticus maximus helicoptor limb figure

between classics/universe sandstorm , whirl and movie reverb , reverb is the one thats sporting a deathcobra style colorscheme

heres a picture of the guy im looking for

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=7515

hes the only figure i need to get to complete my custom classics breastforce
    combiner team

the guy could make for a rather fitting classics deathcobra with energon skyshadows head and a little paint to finsih the job

ive hit every store i could find trying to get my hands on the little bugger

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He's going to be a Target exclusive... but nobody (except for Hasbro) kn ows when he's going to be released.

The toy has never even been officially confirmed, so it's even possible it might not come out AT ALL.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I haven't heard anything since the auctions discussed here. :( 

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

they better release him

though knowing my bad luck he'll turn out to be the alternators deadend of the universe toyline

i saw alternator deadend on the shelf once maybe twice in the same week when he was on the market and then nothing after that for the longest whil

its like the guy was extremely shortpacked when it comes to the defunct alternators line

i would not be the slightest bit surprised if reverb got the same treatment

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last time fully-produced toys (i.e., in packaging and ready to go) DIDN'T make it to retail in some form was all the way back to the unreleased G2 stuff.

Since the movie scouts seemed to be fairly steady sellers, I can't imagine they would be cancelled at this stage of the game. I'd bet we'll see them near the time of the last batch of WM movie deluxes. Hope so anyway!

6. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sorry to restart an old thread, but I wondered if there had been any news on this guy (or Gunbarrel)? Thanks.

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm waiting for these too. My guess is that they will be released along with the movie toys after a few waves have come out.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    As much as I would love to see them released, I honestly can't see it happening. Would be cool, but I think they would have been released several months ago. If they do somehow see release in the future, I can see Hasbro putting them in RotF packaging instead. That way they fit in better, and would, imo, have a better chance of selling. We'll just have to wait and see though.

9. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have no solid confirmation, but I believe that the last wave of scouts were canceled. This is evidenced at the NY toyfare, where all the movie toys were ROTF only. If the scouts to get released, they would probably be in the new ROTF packaging.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    They were in Alliance #3, and I'm assuming Alliance #4, but other than that they've pretty much fell into obscurity.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a huge fan of the movie line, and a huge fan of the Energon/Cybertron scouts, I'd love to get a straight answer from Hasbro on these. It is definitely extremely rare for something to make it to "ready to go" status and then get canned.

I can't bring myself to believe that 10,000+ of each of these guys were produced and now sit in a warehouse somewhere. All I can figure is that they started production, then cancelled it almost immediately.

12. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.
    We first saw these back in June on eBay, and since then there've been maybe 20 or less that have shown up between eBay, Taobao, etc. If they'd been mass-produced, they'd show up more often. It took me months to find and buy a Reverb, and I check every day for the other two. Unless there is some stockpile of these stored away indefinitely, I'd say that only a small number were ever made before they got cancelled.

13. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    DAMN YOU HASBRO!!!

these were the coolest looking scouts out of all the damned repaints!

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Definitely bummed about these getting axed. But at least I get to save a few bucks.

They probably got "transformed" into the full Gestalt figures in the ROTF packaging. I am pretty sure the earlier then expected sequel prompted Target to back out of the later releases of TFTM figures and instead switch them to something else. Perhaps they found out the scouts where part of combiners and then decided to go with entire box sets. THEN found out about ROTF and decided to repackage them.

15. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Dammit. Just my luck. So, some of my favourite scouts are store exclusives for a shop we dont have in the UK, and have then been cancelled.... I love a challenge!

Maybe I should be a repaint, and... repaint. But, the repaints of these guys are either only in a set, or old enough to be expensive in stores/ebay. :rolleyes: