When does a transformers membership expire?Joined in 84

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by coppertop5150, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coppertop5150

coppertop5150 Well-Known Member

hey guys ,

Back in 1984 I clipped my points sent in my money and joined the " transformers club "

A month later a package arrived with a cardboard cut out base to put together , a toy named " skydasher " ( really cheap spaceship looking toy red/blue/chrome) some literature and a ID card with my name on it. If I remember correct said " life time member "

Soooo...I'm sure its still valid right ?

2. coppertop5150

here is sky dasher and my secret info pack.

Im still looking for the cardboard command center " S T A R S " SECRET TRANSFORMER AUTOBOT RESCUE SQUAD .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

If the transformers club you joined has been continously in existence all this years then your membership is still valid. But I doubt that today's tf club is the same one from the '80s.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    My free TF wasn't the jet one, it was a drill tank guy. I didn't care much for him.

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's a bit of a misperception here. The Official Transformers Collectors' Club that is run by Fun Publications has only been in existence since 2005. It has no relationship to/affiliation with the old Transformers fan club Hasbro had going back in the 80s.

If you live in the United States, I think the general consensus among fans is that it's worth it to join the Collector's Club, especially if you plan to go to The Transformers Collectors' Convention - BotCon 2011! or have an interest in exclusive Transformer toys (which are always redecos of toys sold in stores, sometimes with remolded heads), as you get considerable discounts.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    STARS was a mid-80s fanclub promotion that has long since ended. I suppose you can still be a member if you like, but there's no kind of benefits that go along with it anymore.

7. coppertop5150

Well I dont think its fair , HASBRO starts a club takes everyones money then disappears for 20 yrs reopens and starts taking cash agian. I mailed my money $6.50 to " Hasbro transformers club offer p.o box 7050 department T07 N hollywood, ca 91609

How would current members feel if the Hasbro transformers club took peoples money $50 and closed the doors in 2012-13 vanished for 20 years reopened in 2032 and did it all over.Started taking money and ignoring the old members

I was supposed to get a newletter once a year . Being a lifetime member

In 85/86 it was great i sent the money joined the club, a year later got a movie poster mailed to me with toy offers, I ordered camshaft in 87 and all was well. In 1988 got a mailer and decided to buy hardhead from eckard drugs store after seeing him in the 1988 toy update list .

Then 89 came along no mailer no nothing - time passed 90's nothing 2000 im still waiting
    I'm seeing beastwars toys on shelves but no " yearly club update mailers " then 2005-06 rolls around. I am awaiting a mailer from the club to inform me about the new movie like the club mailed me back in 1986 , Nuthing.

My questioning is not the club itself but HASBRO for taking my money in 85/86 for club. the club goes defunked 20 years later. Then reopens under the HASBRO transformers collectors club.

Hasbro sold lifetime memerships , Its not my fualt or other people fualt they skipped out took the cash then started doing it agian 20 yrs later

Every " lifetime member " should be honored by hasbro with all the current mailers and info retroactive packaged with thankyou lettr for being one of the first people to send hasbro our money

8. coppertop5150

If this new club is endorsed by HASBRO and uses the hasbro name , Hasbro should retro honor the memberships and give ANY YEARS updates and newsletters as promised to lifetime members.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're funny.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's an entirely different club. STARS was just the kind of thing toy companies do with popular lines; make a club and take some money from kids in exchange for a cheap toy and comic book. It was never much more than that and was well over by the time G1 ended. Since then Hasbro has licensed, but not actually run, a few different fanclubs, including the current one. They are totally unrelated and your membership is non-transferable.

Still, feel free to contact the current fan club and tell them that your $6.50 in 1984 entitles you to all the newsletters, website membership, free figures, and Botcon discounts. That sound you'll hear will be uncontrollable laughter.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Okay, send them an email and you will immediately be sent the grand sum of zero updates and newsletters that the S.T.A.R.S. club has owed to you.

Now, if you want stuff from the Official Transformers Collectors Club, which, although it is associated with Hasbro, is a completely different organization from S.T.A.R.S. (and is actually a separate company from Hasbro), you will have to buy a separate membership to that club.

TL;DR you have lifetime membership to a club that doesn't do anything anymore, and hasn't for decades.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  12. RandomFactor

RandomFactor Rei with the Underscore

News Credits:
    That card has more power than you think, young one.

They use these cards to determine who sits on the Hasbro board of directors. If someone wishes to engage a seat in the Chamber of Six, they must first challenge a blooded cardholder to honorable contest. Since the dawn of the company Hasbro has sought to destroy the remaining cardholders so your challenge will gladly be accepted.

To compete in the contest an individual of the public is selected at random and then called forth into the Hasbro Executive Mansion. One member of the board is then chosen at random to quietly take the stranger into the shadows and murder them, viciously. Then the challenger and challenged must engage in a battle of wits to figure out who did it, with which instrument and in what room.

13. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

You should post more.

14. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I agree. Your ideas are appealing to me, Randomfactor, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter as a lifetime member.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Huh....so that explains why I haven't gotten anything new from the Merry Marvel Marching Society.....

16. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    You ain't the only one still with his original STARS membership. Us Canadians had a similar club system, Hasbro Canada would hook us up with the whole STARS communication station but we also got something unique that only us and the UK/Asian countries got, a medal pin too.

[​IMG]

I still have my original badge and wear it to every Botcon and TFcon. Good times....... but alas, the club is now in other hands and thus our membership is nothing more but a memory.

Attached Files:

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I'm actually kind of surprised that marvel and DC havent taken big measures to create a new generation of the various societies and clubs using modern social networking technologies. No point, due to the advent of the number of online communities and retail outlets already existing, perhaps?

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

You sent them money and they sent you a toy and a poster, then you did it again later on for another figure. I'm not seeing where Hasbro stole anybody's money.

Right. You expect Hasbro to spend millions, maybe even billions, of dollars simply to track down every member of an outdated promotional gimmick (they'd have to, since the majority of all "lifetime members" would have grown up by now and changed adresses) simply to send them a little thank you letter for sending them less than what most Transformers toys currently cost? I'm not mentioning mailers because those stopped long ago.

:lolol  That made my day.

19. RandomFactor

RandomFactor Rei with the Underscore

News Credits:
    Well of course only the Canadian members of STARS would admit it, the Nemesis cannot follow in the cold!

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a joke right?

it made me chuckle at least.

The TFCC is a yearly subscription, you're a member for a year at a time and then have to renew if you wish to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.