When do you stop collecting?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Angelus Prime, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Angelus Prime

Angelus Prime Active Member

When I got back into G1/TFs in a serious way 8 years ago I promised myself that i would get some of the figures I missed out on in my youth -- I'm not going through that list in its entirety but basically, I'm almost there. After I wrap that final purchase up, I will continue to track the line but probably won't buy again.

When did some of you reach the point where you decided -- "after I get so-and-so and thus-and-such, I'm done" ?

2. BlueGalaxyConvoy

BlueGalaxyConvoy Banned

I keep telling myself one day i will stop but i never do it

3. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Me stop? THe only thing stopping me from collecting right now is cash. Other than that, it's my favorite hobby next to my video games, gf, and God.

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Stop ? WHat's that ?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will stop when I'm dead or Transformers are, whichever comes first.

6. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

When I no longer really enjoy playing with the toys. Which happened in January, just as I was getting into comics. I'll probably start collecting again one day, but for now I just hang around the boards because I have an interest in the movie, I still read the comics, and I like the people here.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    once i complete my g1 collection but damn them for putting out cool modern stuff :( 

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

When the new TFs are complete crap and no worth my money then I'll stop collecting the current line and focus my attention on vintage g1, victory, masterforce, bw, and anything else I have missed on. I don't think I'll truly stop... I may sell some of the TFs that aren't that important to me but I'll fill the missing space with more TFs. I may never stop collecting.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    when I can no longer afford to, until I get a job, to buy even more than I do now.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Even if Transformers were to dissapear off the face of the Earth I don't think I could stop. There's just too much awesome stuff out there be it Gundam, Macross, etc...

11. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Rather silly question. You stop when its no longer fun or the toys suck. I only collect Alternators. I only have two cybertron figures and a handful of Armada and Energon figures. I'm sure I'll get every single Classics figures though. I'm unsure about the 6" titaniums though. And I doubt I'll buy anymore reissues, unless Sixshot gets reissued for cheap around here.

I simply don't buy stuff that I don't like. If Hasbro/Takara make stuff that I care nothing about-- then I'm done. Simple as that.

Unfortunately or fortunately, they keep churning out stuff I really want to get. :) 

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never!!

Honestly though, I'll stop when I either run out of room or they just stop making cool figures. If they put Armada again I'd stop for a while. But with all the insanely cool crap they're giving us soon, I'm going to keep on trukking! :D 

13. Scooby.Smokescreen

Scooby.Smokescreen Well-Known Member

I haven't even started collecting!

I've only got the Alternator Smokescreen because hes a Subaru quite similar to my own. I'm planning to collect all the Subarus (one of my many hobbies!)

My main aim is to get all 21 TFC transformers. I had intended to buy now and hopefully cash in once the movie is released. However, I've decided I'd like to collect more as and when I see ones I either wanted as a kid or just ones I think look cool - i.e. G1 Jetfire and boxsets like Devastor, Predaking etc.

14. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I'll quit collecting when I: a) loose interest or b) it becomes economically retarded for me to continue buying them.

15. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

When entropy ends, when the stars die, when the universe breathes its last, or when the money runs out.

Take your pick. :p 

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll probably stop buying when my sons grow out of robot toys and start giving me a funny look.

If I'm lucky, one of the boys will become as nerdy as me and we can carry on.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    never!

18. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I thought I was done being that I have just about all of the 1984-1987 line and all the Alternators up to date. Then here comes Classics line and they pull me back in! I'll quit collecting when they stop making stuff I like which is primarly stuff with a heavy G1 influence.

19. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

When I can't be bothered anymore, or there no longer new toys that interest me. Which could be tomorow, next year or far off in the future. I see no reason to put some kind of limit on it.

20. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i stopped buying crap figures...bought all the Armada line, then Energon came, and that's where i stopped.