When did you begin to like Transformers and also what series started your interest?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I was 8.
    RID was the first Transformers show I watched in 2001. I remember Optimus being my favorite. I didn't realize how important he was to the franchise.
    I looked into what Transformers was. Been hooked since.

2. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Caught an episode of RiD when I was in second grade. Thought the idea was cool, got X-Brawn and Railspike, some Spychangers, G1 Huffer, and Armada Hot Shot. Forgot about TFs until Cybertron. Cybertron is what made me a fan for sure.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I grew up with Beast Wars and I'm so glad I did. After Beast Machines and before Animated, I was pretty much off and on with the series. Since Animated my intrest in the series have picked up more. Also helps when some certain Predacons return to tv in Animated and the return of Vehicons in Prime.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Happened to see G1 when I came home from school one day, and took an immediate liking to robots who turned into vehicles. This was in 1985.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    G1, 1985(? Maybe 1984). I don't think I watched it as it premiered (I may have), but I know I did get into it during season 1.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Late eighties/early nineties.

Marvel G1.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In '92 or '93 I saw VHS tapes of Five Faces of Darkness and TF:TM at the local video store. Saw the G2 Transformers in stores shortly thereafter.

I got back into the whole shebang in college when my roommate showed me Beast Wars. Soon after we got the '07 movie.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Me and Transformers have a bit of a shaky past. Me and Beast Wars didn't really work out, Armada was where I started out with the toys. I stopped caring around Cybertron. The first movie came out, and didn't really interest me. Then I was supervising my cousin as he was watching cartoons, and Animated came on. It took ROTF to get the gravy train running fully.

9. DC2k5

DC2k5 Well-Known Member

I remember as a kid, I was about 6, sitting down watching TV with my older brother. An advert came on showing cars and jets that suddenly changed to robots.
    We were both all :drool: 

And the coolest robot of them all in the advert was a blue one that seemed to hold smaller robots in his chest and they would come out.

An argument then developed between my older brother and myself over who would be 'allowed' to get the blue robot who has other robots inside his chest (Cause in kid logic, we weren't allowed to get two of the same toy. It was against some unwritten rules.) He won, but I gave the condition that I be allowed to get the red truck that had a robot tower thing in his trailer.

We knew nothing about Autobots and Deceptions. The advert just showed cool vehicles that became robots.

Soon after they began advertising that a new cartoon was starting called Transformers. My brother and myself waited anxiously for it to air. It was the event of the century (in our minds).

Once it aired, we learnt all about Autobots and Deceptions. And since I had already called dibs on who I learnt to be Optimus Prime, and he had called dibs on Soundwave, it ended up that he collected only the Deception toys and I collected only the Autobot toys. Leading to big epic battles between our forces (which we would periodically have to pause for 5 minutes while he transformed his Constructicons into Devestator. I was so glad when the Aerialbots came out.)

So, long story short. It was the very first advert of Transformers that hooked me. And it was G1 that started my interest.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    My parents bought me Grapple, Grimlock, and Bluestreak when I was 4. They didn't realize they turned in to robots (I mean come on, I was 4, and they saw cars bigger than Matchbox cars for sale, who wouldn't buy their little boy a cool looking car?). After not ingesting any of them, we found the cartoon on TV and I was hooked ever since.

It replaced He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for me. Though I did sneak in some GI Joe, Thundercats, and M.A.S.K., though I was always pissed I didn't get more Transformers.

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The G1 cartoon, in 1985. Was a fan, although I did not buy any of the toys.

12. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I grew up watching the first season of Beast Wars and Beast Machines. I started watching and collecting again when Armada came out but lost interest until the movies came out.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I was young. Wish I could remember how old. But the series was G1. I was hooked with the cartoon.

I grew out of toys for a but then G2 came out. Bought a couple but I put them away. Years later Beast Wars came out and I was hooked. A lot of it had to do with the fact that there were a crap load of G1 references in the series and eventually was linked up to G1.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1984. G1. Didn't see many episodes since it aired on Sunday while I was at church. Family didn't have a VCR then. I could get home to see the last 5 minutes. I had to be admitted to the hospital before I saw a full episode (Heavy Metal War).

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Didn't they think it was strange to have a robot on the packaging?

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I started to watch Armada, dropped out during Energon.

Came back when the '07 movie came out, and have been on board since!

17. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I was about 7, and I believe it was either the '86 movie, or a VHS with some G1 episodes.
    Around that time, RID was coming out, and I bought a bunch of Spychangers, some deluxe toys, Megatron, Ruination, and various G1 toys at flea markets and such. I got out of it for quite a while, and came back a little over a year ago, yet again prompted by watching some G1 episodes. :D 

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    in 2007, Thanks to Bayformers 1 :) 

and i have not and i will never see a tf show :p 

19. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I was about 4 or 5. In early 2000s and had a tape of the 86 movie and a tape with some episodes. (still have movie but not episodes) Never had actual TV until I was older so couldn't watch RiD or Armada. But I saw energon. terrible even for a kid. Cybertron was ok though. Never bought any toys then. Because I wanted G1 not this modern Bullshit! lol.

20. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

This statement. Makes me want to kill puppies.