When did you become a FAN?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Sep 11, 2008.

1. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 but lost interest for a couple of years. it was BW that resparked my interest in TFs.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm about at the cut off point for original geewunners. I was born right when it was starting up but I totally grew up around it. Despite being only a few years old at the time, Powermaster Op was my first TF. I watched the syndicated reruns of the show alllllll the time and my entire childhood up through the late 90s consisted of watching tapes of said reruns and the fhe copy of the movie OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I've been a fan essentially all my life! One of the biggest testaments to me - My mom saved all my old drawings. I started sketching out things at a very early age, with actual block shapes and such rather than stick figures. In that first group of drawings is a crap ton of horrible Optimus sketches :D  I think that's pretty cool.

I think Transformers was also one of the first things I searched when I first got the internet around 96 or 97. I used to scour every page I could find. I didn't get too many of the beast-era toys but kept up with everything - and once I saw the Car Robots pictures online I was totally wowed and wished so badly they were coming out here. When I found out they WERE a year later as RiD - that was it, I started to focus all my toy collecting solely on TFs and I went from mere fan to supreme TF geek ass. The intense interest has remained to this day.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  3. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Armada. But I lost intrest until the movie.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I pretty much became a fan when I bought Huffer back in '84. But while I've liked the TV shows, I wouldn't really consider myself a fan of them per se. The TV series generally don't capture my imagination as much as the toys and comics do.
    I had a good deal of the original series recorded from the TV, but I only really watched certain episodes with any kind of regularity; quite a few of them I'd skip entirely. Although the movie stands up even now, as far as I'm concerned.

Beast Wars was pretty top quality throughout, though, so I may consider myself a 'fan' of that and Beast Machines. And now Animated.

But yeah, it's thanks largely (but entirely) to the toys that I've been a fan from the beginning.

5. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been a fan ever since I remember. Must have been 85 or 86 I got my first transformers toys and was a fan from then on. The only TV series I didnt like were Energon and Cybertron but I still liked the toys and collected them.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 during the first airing of Season 2 The Gambler. To this day Smokescreen is still one of my favorite Transformers in all his forms. It was the same day in early 85 that I bought him and G1 Jetfire. I was hooked. :D 

7. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
    :lol  Love the lingo, man!

Awesome! My first TF was Gears! Have they made another Huffer since? I've always had a soft spot for Gears. Hope they'll bring him back.

Ditto on the toys and comics. I enjoyed the show, but didn't like what they did with some of the details as opposed to the comics. And the toys have always been THE core of Transformers for me. THAT is where it all comes from!

8. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1984, bought the Rumble & Ravage double pack and then the Marvel comic launched here in the UK... Then fizzled out during season 3 of the show simply because it wasn't shown on mainstream TV plus I was getting older and the new toys & ideas of Transformers didn't appeal. Then back in the late 90's I found an old video tape of the movie when I was clearing out my old room and I was suddenly back!

9. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I have been a fan since G1, but Alternators, Masterpieces and Reissues brought me back into collecting Transformers again.

With that said... I wish I never gave away my complete G1 collection to my younger relatives when I was in high school. :( 

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It was actually the toys that first made me a fan. We didn't even have a TV in the house when TFs first aired. Then I saw the toys at K-Mart and thought, "These are the coolest things EVER!"

Seems like it was 2-3 months later before I finally got to see one of the G1 episodes. And it just served to enhance my love for the toys.

And if the toys and the show weren't enough, I discovered the G1 Marvel Comics series and that pretty much clinched it for me. I was hooked from then on.

I'm also not necessarily just a fan of a particular series. I'm just a Transformers fan, pure and simple.

My interest has waned from time to time, but there's always been a constant: a never-ending love for transforming toys.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Came a fan in 84
    then left, to chase some whores
    Then one day I saw Beast Wars
    Now Im back again for more

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    can i say after the 2007 movie? :D  it was only then that i started to watch G1 and stuff...
    but until the 2007 movie, i hadnt seen much of TF

13. TheGreatMrChibi

TheGreatMrChibi The tighter shirt.

Well, I always had the 80's movie on VHS as a kid, and a couple toys here and there. But about two weeks ago, Omega Supreme-1 over here sent me a link to Vangelus's toy reviews, and...

Now I have three toys, a comic, and a well-worn link on Teletraan-1 as I've been buffing up my knowledge in advance of Animated season 3. Yay.

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Knock Off Mach Lander that led to the Machine Wars Starscream.
    Was too young to really watch and understand the story of Machine Wars and RID. But started watching Armada with my cousin and playing and making up our own storylines with the toys. Got out middle of Energon, got back near the tail end of Cybertron when the movie info was starting to get kicked around. Lurked here since early 2007, signed up, started posting. And from that point I was completley hooked.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    G1, back in the day when I got Cliffjumper.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Was at my cousin's house in Jersey.

Turned on KPIX Channel 11 and saw "Previously on Transformers" and saw the recap of what I have since come to know as "More than Meets the Eye Part 1".
    Watched part 2 with him and it knocked our socks off.
    There was nothing else like it at the time -nothing.

Never left the fold.

17. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Always like it back in 84, but fell out of the loop after the movie. Late 90s rolled around and about 6:30 before going to school I would be bored for an hour or so and reruns of Beast Wars would show. I forced myself through the first 6 eps or so in the first season and slowly I became more and more interested until Code of Hero aired. Then I was hooked.

18. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Right at the start of Cybertron. At least when Cybertron first started to show up in Aus. At least when I first saw them. Whatever.

19. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Since conception. After which I had a Eeyore plush and obviously that meant that I was destined to love all things Transformers.

20. ad0nis01

ad0nis01 Well-Known Member

G1 fan since 84.