When did you become a FAN?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    After reading the "10 best things about TF" thread one thing came to my attention. Different people are fans of different series.

My question:

WHICH SERIES / MOVIE MADE YOU THE FAN YOU ARE TODAY?

I'm an original GEEWUNNER but by the early 90's I was one of those guys that remembered a few characters from the show and that was that.

It wasn't until Beast Wars premiered that I jumped on and became a "true" fan and collector. G1 will always be my baby but Beast Wars is the series I hold close to heart.

So, I ask you all yet again...What series made you a fan?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1

3. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

G1

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is kind of complex

G1 until 1986 until the movie, which took the entire series off the air. So, me being a fan was diminished. Then 2 years ago, I was in graduate school and did some research for a class and Transformers hit me with a bang. But G1 is still close to my heart.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 84-86... lost interest after the movie, for the most part.

Interestingly enough, it was the combination of two very different things that brought me back...

First, I caught a couple of eps of Beast Machines by chance one day and was immediately caught up in the dark and somber themes of genocide and religious fanaticism. Wow, brilliant storytelling, and my favorite TF fiction to this day. Right about that same time, RiD was hitting the shelves, and I found them to be exceptional toys. It's been all uphill since then. Loved AEC, Alts, the movie, etc...

TFA has been the big "hiccup" for me, in that it's the first thing I really haven't liked, but I'm delighted so many others are enjoying it. Still love G1, but it's a bit like the old high school girlfriend... just a nice memory.

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    During the Armada era.

7. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    G1, and my interest was rekindled with Armada.

8. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
    I was there for G1, day one! Then I let it all go when they killed off Prime in '86. Kept an eye out for developments in the toy aisle and on TV now and then. Passed on Beast Wars. Got a couple of Beast Machines and RIDs, but I didn't get sucked really get drawn back in until last year's feature film. That was like throwing gas on an open flame.

Geekgasuuuum!

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    1984 with G1. But I too fell out of things after the movie. I was mainly a G.I. Joe and Ninja Turtles guy throughout the rest of the 80's and 90's, and was big into Star Wars and Spawn toys in the 90's, also curtailing any TF buying that may have been. I watched Beast Wars a bit, but I was a senior in high school when it came out, it just wasn't really my thing at the time. I liked the RiD toys when they came out, but didn't begin watching much TF again until Armada in 02. Then I went to a local TF con in 2004 with some friends and began collecting again, and watching the shows that I missed.

Loved the movie in 07, and when Animated hit this past year I began heavily collecting again, and focused nearly all of my collecting on TF's. I also started watching all of the series' again, from G1 through Animated. My appreciation for Beast Wars grows every day, and I've become a huge RiD fan. I'm in deeper now than I was as a kid in the 80's.

10. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Beast Wars for the most part. G1 sort of.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Age 3, so G1

12. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Around the time of Beast Wars. I remember going to my friends house and seeing Optimus Primal on his floor since then I have been a fan. After that I looked up G1 and got some of the comics and a couple of the figures. Funny thing is thier is a picture of me as a kid on my b-day with transformer cups and plates this was long before knowing what transformers was.

13. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Chronologically, of course G1. But back then, I was still a lil' kid, don't know much thing like "Transformers", "Autobots", "Optimus", etc, and only refer to Optimus as "that red truck robot hero".

But, technically, the moment I started become a fan is.... WHEN I GOT THE TOUCH!! I GOT THE POWAH!!

No, seriously.. :lol  The moment when I became a fan is during Beast Wars.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    G1 Totally,25 years later I still have my Original 1984 Mirage,the Only Owner of him,and
    he will not leave me from now on.I also have Prowl but my friend gave him to me bout 10
    or 15 years ago,he was the original,but I am the second owner of him atleast.Thanks
    G. if your reading this.

15. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    As soon as heard the transforming sound.

16. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generation 1

17. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Armada. I was heavy into BW and BM, not so much RID, but Armada really got me hooked in the summer of 2002. The first Transformers I got to start building my collection were the Land Military Minicon Team. Previously I had a G1 Hot Spot, G1 Motormaster, G2 Blue Grimlock, BW Megatron, and the McDonald's Transmetals, but they were just toys I had as a kid until then.

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

somewhere around the movie i saw movie jazz in a store and thought: "wow that looks cool" i bought it and researched TFs once i got home and then i was hooked

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    G1 baby and then Beast Wars both very close to me.....then picked up again around armada hated RID and Energon and Cybertron back again with Animated its been a rocky road.

20. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

last year, july 3, 2007. saw the movie, went out and found ironhide and ratchet shelfwarming. picked up ironhide, the rest is history.