When did/will we see the movie Premium figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 1031Prime, Oct 2, 2009.

1. 1031Prime

1031Prime Dreamer

Assuming that we'll see repaints for the leaders, particularly for Prime, I have been suppressing myself from buying Prime & Jetfire.

For the 2007 movie line, I know that the Premium series was announced in 2007 Oct -- when were the (leader) figures shipped?

This waiting has been very painful when everyone is praising the ROTF Prime like crazy.

1031Prime

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well.. We know the buster prime is comin out in japan soon.. That's about all I've got for ya though..

3. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I thought Hasbro mentioned that there won't be any Premium figures for ROTF line.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I certainly wouldn't buy them; a few extra paint apps does not warrant rebuying something I already have. Didn't last time, wouldn't this time either.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This and correct me if i am wrong but wasn't the preimium line done at least partly as a repsonse to Hasbro's gross underestimating of demand after the 2007 movie?

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. RotF was planned out for longer shelftime this go around, so Premiums weren't in the initial plans. Whether they backpedal or not now that Movie 3 has been bumped up a year, who knows?

But gathering from comments at BotCon and SDCC, they've got enough planned out without having to do Premiums again.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This
    I doubt we will see anything special between now and 2011. Hasbro could easily use animated and universe as filler again since the window between the two lines will be very small

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro has no plans for a ROTF Premium Series as stated in Botcon. Instead, they are producing the "NEST" series with the NEST logo, similar to the AllSpark Power series.

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I don't think Premiums are necessary, save for a few figures like Sideways, who needs that black paint and stripes.

Maybe they'll rerelease ROTF Prime in TF3 (unless they make, dare I say, an even more movie accurate figure :sly: ) with a better paint job, so if ya really wanna wait 'til then...

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're not getting them, Hasbro said that before.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yep hasbro said no premium figures for the ROTF line

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember, the need to connect prime to Jetfire was part of the justification for revisiting the exact same character again as a new, much better toy.

They certainly may go back at it again for a third try- but baring another new mode scenario I think some random repaint (not premium quality, and not really better) along the lines of voyager Prime for ROTF is likely for TF3 (or the endless stream of slightly reworked deluxe BB's).

I would watch stocks of leader Prime carefully if you're going to wait. I have no doubt there will eventually be a repaint- but unless you're willing to spend the money on Buster Prime- it's anyone's guess if there will actually be a superior (or even logical, movie themed) repaint. This is hasbro, would a purple, pink and yellow repaint really shock you?

This is a tformer you'll regret missing out on. The thing is damn near MP quality (and buster actually might be).

13. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Maybe if they decided to integrate the trailer armor idea in the next movie (from concept art) or another combiner mode, that may require some sort of remolding or new mold, unless they somehow just recycle existing pegs and such, and build the armor around that. But that's just me speculating.

I'd agree on getting him now, lest they make some random repaint (like Nightwatch from Movie 1) that's not so great.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

RotF doesn't need a Premium line. They already do it, in a sense.

Silver Sideways to Gun Metal Sideways
    Tan Breakaway to Brownaway
    Non-painted "teef" Skids to Painted "teef" Skids
    "Trax" Mudflap to "Mudflap" Mudflap

I'm sure there are others I'm missing, plus others that'll come out and show a running change eventually.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Hasbro says a lot of things..

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    just get a little silver paint and a small dry brush and make your own damn 'Premiums'.

17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro specifically said there won't be an entire line of Premiums, though I don't think that rules any premium paintjobs out. I would at least hope they'll give us premium leaders, that's really all I'd want, and I haven't opened my Leaders yet, waiting in anticipation.

18. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Premiums happened with the first line because retailers, not Hasbro, underestimated the draw of the Movie. Retailers were saddled with 2 or 3 movies worth of bad toys, and for whatever reason saw Transformes as just another summer movie with a toyline, not a toyline with a summer movie.

Initial orders were low, so initial production of toys was low. Most of those toys were the lead characters, seeing as those guys get frontloaded in our toyline. Well that first month and a half after the movie, you could barely find movie deluxes or voyagers in a store, and retailers went order happy on Waves 3-5 (or so). After that Animated was to be on its way.

Well retailers wanted movie toys, since they were selling like a mo-fo, and didn't want this other toy stuff. So Animated got put on a 4-6 month hold, and Hasbro had to churn out some fast movie toys. Thus came the Premium paint jobs, and "uninspired" repaints. That is also why the Animated toys ended up getting pushed back so far against where the show was.