when can we expect mp-10 to drop in price

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron10824, Nov 4, 2011.

1. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

i really want to buy this guy but not for 250 and was wondering when we can expect him to drop in price, maybe christmas time or when mp-11 comes out?

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably when Hasbro releases him State-side, perhaps sans trailer/Roller. I don't expect the Japanese Takara-Tomy version to go any lower in price any time soon.

3. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    You will not get an answer to this that will make you happy. Takara MP-10 will not likely get cheaper until a "Better" OP is released. You may get lucky and find someone who needs money and is willing to take a loss on it, but they aren't going to just arbitrarily drop the price of the best representation of the most iconic transformer. He's selling well. Even if some get clearanced, they'll get clearanced in Asia.. not online.

Might there be another, cheaper version someday? Almost assuredly, but that specific toy? Not likely, not soon. No announcement. Anyone who says differently is guessing or lying. If you want a guess? Hasbro release, Holiday 2012, MSRP $79.99, will sell for $89.99, no trailer, probably more humans (Chip/Carly/Sparkplug) and/or Transforming Roller. Similar Takara release 6 months later (US Edition MP-10), price of original MP-10 starts to sink slowly around summer 2013. Pure speculation.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The only way you might get it cheaper is to buy a case of them and then resell the spares but since that would be well over $1,000 I guess that's not an option for most and you'd only save $30.00-$40.00 or so.

It might be possible it might be a little cheaper if released some place other than Japan - sometimes Japanese MP's come out in Australia for example... he should be a little cheaper in Hong Kong.

Personally I didn't Buy Mp-04 and I have no plans to buy Mp-10 either.. as I think Masterpiece toys are a bit crap.

5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    You might be able to snag him for less in some sort of Christmas sale, but otherwise I think we'll have to wait until into the new year for an actual price drop.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It could go two ways.....

1. Hasbro says , "Nah... we are not going to release MP-10"
    Keep in mind, Hasbro was very upfront with MP-09. I think we knew pretty early on that Hasbro would release Roddy.

If this happens, MP-10 prices will double and I will gladly sell you mine for 500 bucks:lol 

2. Hasbro releases MP-10 minus a ton of accessories and gives him a wacky paint job for a price around 70-110 bucks. Afterwards, BBTS still SELLS MP-10 for 250+ lol

I don't think you'll see MP-10 drop like MP-09. People made it their mission in life to discredit MP-09. :lol . Word of mouth destroyed his value and that is why the V1 is going for 135 and will probably drop even MORE come Christmas time.

To date, I don't think MP-10 has anywhere near the QC problems MP-09 had. Sure, it has the odd stress mark here and there, but nothing is flying off and stabbing customers in the eye:lol .

Good luck on your wait.:2c: 

7. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    This is a real bummer for me because $180~$200 is as much as I am prepared to pay for a figure before shipping. With so many other Primes in my collection it seems MP10 may be the one that gets away.

The only way TakaraTomy could coax that much out of me would be to release a perfect MP Galvatron.

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MPs rarely get much cheaper!

9. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    The 5th of Never.

Hasbro will never copy it exactly.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Rarely has a Takara piece gone down in price... sometimes, the rising STOPS if Hasbro releases a version of it. If you are waiting for a discount, you better just move on. You are not getting it at a discount for a year or so at least.

mp-11 have nothing to do with mp-10's price, either.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Just a quick question, are you asking this because MP09 dropped so heavily in price? If so, that is because MP09 v1 was riddled with so many issues at release that they made a v2. This left retailers stuck with a v1 that noone would buy at the same price as the better v2 version. That is why there had to be a deep discount on them.

To my knowledge, no other MP character has ever dropped more then 10-15%. That was just on sales as other people mentioned here. I could maybe see him at $230, but not lower then that.

Hasbro will release him and you can get that one. It would be interesting to see if he will come with a trailer though.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The only way I'd see such a thing happening is if it had so many QC issues that it needed a revision (MP-09 v.1).

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Truthfully I think sales for him are not that high,since I don't see many posts about MP10. I could be wrong but when you total up the cost of him with shipping it is darn near $300 for him,and I don't know many people who could afford to pay that kinda money for an action figure.

Lastly for me I just think paying that much for him is just idiotic when you could own tons of other TF's for that,so unless that price comes down by atleast $50 or $60 I won't even consider getting him.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Here's the issue with that mode of thinking. While you can indeed buy more figures with that kind of money, what if someone only collects MP's or doesn't particularly like the current Hasbro/Takara offerings?

I've seen this sort of thing being mentioned when the FP Insecticons started coming out in August as well. $50 is a lot for a figure that's somewhere between the size of a modern scout and deluxe, and I could probably allocate that money to other facets of my collection, but I was just about caught up with Classics and I had no intention of seriously collecting DOTM, so FansProject is where my money went.

15. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

I'm holding out for one myself, but not because I have delusions of the price coming down. I know it's blasphemous to even sniff at that. Haha. No, seriously, I just want to see if Hasbro is going to release a version I will be happy with...or even at all I guess. If neither of those happen, I'll pony up the cash for MP-10 and be done with it.

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I am waiting for a hopeful hasbro release. I do not care about the trailer i just want it to have Spike. I would also love if hasbro releases it with out circumcising the smokestacks.

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna go with close to never unfortunately, :( .. I want it so bad too, and unfortunately I may have to pay the after market price, :cry .

18. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sweet Primus, where are you shopping that you see shipping prices that are anywhere near $50 for him so that he totals out to $300, or nearly so? I've yet to have shipping for one I've sold reach even $20 in shipping. $15 is in the upper reaches for shipping quotes on him so far, and that from FedEx.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't expect to get anything more than $20 off on a sale at some point.

If it makes you feel better, I paid full price and I have no regrets. It is a great figure, I dare say the best MP to date.

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would only expect to see a price drop if Takara grossly overestimated the demand for MP10. Otherwise, I expect the price will remain steady, and then increase like MP08.