When beast wars began why kenner manufacture, and not hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BlackzaraK, Feb 22, 2011.

1. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    Someone please refresh my memory regarding why kenner was the manufacture for the beast wars line and not hasbro in the begining, or why did kenner ever came into the picture with beast wars? I did notice when transmetals came in the picture hasbro has there stamp all over these items. Looks to me hasbro didnt want anything to due with beast wars thinking it was going to flop, when they realize how much of a success it was they took over the line ??? not sure im just assuming this happend..sorry if i dont make any sense..Im a big beast wars fan, and they're the reason I started my passion all over again collecting transformers I diffently have a big spot for those critters.lol

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    IIRC Hasbro had just recently bought Kenner and with the name recognition because of lines like Star Wars the thought was to have Kenner become the action figure division of Hasbro...then they decided to just scrap the name and keep everything as Hasbro...

3. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    I swear I seen a couple or first season beast wars packaged with hasbro as well?? I always wounder why is there so many different pakages like , rock bubble varient, tri bilingual over sea, and regular packaged

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro had purchased Kenner not too long before Beast Wars. Before the Kenner name was scrapped, one of the reasons Beast Wars was handled by the Kenner division was to bring in some fresh thought to help revive the Transformers franchise. There was also some of the "action figure division of the company" mentality mentioned above.

In a sense, the line was *always* made by Hasbro, since they did own Kenner at the time. It wasn't an attempt to distance themselves. And in a lot of ways, letting the Kenner group take the lead clearly paid off. Beast Wars literally saved Transformers. If it had failed, the line probably would have been retired for several years - if not forever.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    This might be informative.
    Kenner - Transformers Wiki

A lot of the current (? or former) members of the TF Team were from Kenner at one point or another.

6. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    what was the purpose or so many different packaged version..thanks guys on the info...your right beast wars brought transformers back from the grave..

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    As to why the packaged variations, the trilingual was (and still is) commonly used for international releases so Hasbro didn't have to produced 10 different cardbacks and coordinate the release of those varying languages to the proper regions. Even today each Transformers line has a "domestic (US)" and an international packaging variation.

Rock Bubbles were part of the earliest shipments of the brand and was likely done to make the product stand out more on shelves. The decision to discontinue the rock bubbles was likely a monetary reason (a standardized bubble is easier to produce over larger numbers than the more individualized rock bubbles)