When and where do you think we'll see TF: Classics first...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by artiepants, Mar 1, 2006.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    ...I'm probably gettign myself a little TOO excited for this line, but dang, the rumoured character list and descriptions of the Starscream proto just made me giddy.

Where do ya'll think we'll get our first glimpse? Toyfare (the magazine)? one of the Japanese Magazines when Tomy-Takara announces there version of it??? Ebay protos? TFC Club magazine? San Diego Comiccon? TF.com website???

....gotta not get too excited, it's at least 6 months away, but, man, i just want to see a peak :p 

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I imagine they'll show them off for everyone at Botcon. Not like last year when they wouldn't let any pics be taken.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see them in a magazine or in the TCC newsletter first. If not then, I'd say the SDCC, because by BotCon they should be about to come out.

4. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Let's see, the line is supposedly to hit shelves in October, so I'm guessing that the first photo's will be released in May or June, probably in the collector's club magazine, and then a few weeks later in Toyfare or something along those lines. By August the Hasbro site should have pics.

Of course, all this speculation is failing to take into account the Takara factor. GF is over, and Takara will be chomping on the bit to get new toys on the shelves soon. Also, and this could just be my false impression, but it seems like they enjoy breaking news and releasing lines before Hasbro. So with this in mind, I'm revising my release dates of images to late March/early April, and that it will be some Japanese collector's site that displays them (Fan2Fan or something along those lines). If the Hasbro line will be released in October, I'm guessing Takara's will be released in August.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah it's kinda hard to say...Hasbro has kept this line locked TIGHT. I'm surprised no protos have leaked since they're notorious for that...if Takara decides to release them first, more power to them. They can quench my thrist for wanting to see pictures of them and get me excited to buy the Hasbro versions

6. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I don't think October is a good guess for a shelf date... October sounds more like when Hasbro will ship to distribution centers or stores will have the stock... like the new Universe guys are evidently in stockrooms, but won't be on the shelf until mid/late March. Often times new stuff/new lines/new waves show up late November or December(such as the first fish bowl alternators) so that's when I'd expect the toys to be on shelves.

And while Hasbro may be notorious for leaked protos... generally protos aren't leaked 10 months or so before toys are on the shelf. I'd expect protos to leak sometime late summer/early fall... I can't say Hasbro has been anymore tight-lipped about these toys than any others...

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I expect one of two places: The club newsletter and/or member's only website, or from Takara if they decide to do the line.

8. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Don't forget that in a Figure King article it whas said that Takara whas going to aim TF at the adult segmet for this year.

That says "Binaltech" and "TF: Classics". Because; I mean. They are even getting the new-mold BW 10th anniv- Primal and Megs.

Only speculation. But I doubt, severely doubt Takara would pass it up.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Bah. It probably doesn't have enough Convoys in it to interest Takara. I'm thinking the club newsletter.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Newsletter or Toy Fare are the best spots. Unicron was premiered in Toy Fare, as were a few Energon figures. BW 10th Primal and Megs got the nod in the newsletter, so it's anyone's guess.

Maybe ... THE INTERNET! :D 

(You and I both know that someone has it on their computer, and has broken down on the temptation to send it to a friend, meaning it will get around eventually)

11. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I'd say the news letter.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TCC Newsletter seems likely, but Toyfare seems an excellent contender as well. They've done a lot of higher-profile TF previews, including the Armada line, Unicron, and 20th Anniversary Prime.

Of course, if TakaTomy decides to release the TF Classics line before the states...

13. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Could I get a linky to a thread with more info about this line? I have been so disenchanted with the last few lines I havent been keeping up with the new stuff.

14. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    my honest opinion... I'd say you'll see them first on e-bay, in an auction where some guy is selling illegal protos of the figures.