Wheeljack's appearance

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NEST SOLDIER, Dec 5, 2011.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I must admit that when I first saw DOTM, I was disappointed by Wheeljack's appearance, specifically his head design and voice. I thought that he resembled Albert Einstein!

I liked his alt mode, and thought his actual body design wasn't bad, but his head was, un-transformer like. To me it was a total departure from what they looked like.

Enter a concept drawing by Mr. Sharkey that I thought was totally astounding! If they had used this design for the film, as well as the toy, I think that we would have seen a completely different reaction from viewers and fans alike.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

Yeah the one downside for the films is that they try to make the faces to humanoid for example Jetfire and Wheeljack

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's ain't bad.....but too Jolt-ish.:) 

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  5. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

Well i like it but he looks angry and like a mean tough warrior. it doesn't match que/wheeljacks personality as an old man/inventor. To use that you would have to completely change the character. And give him a new body[it would feel out of place like if we put megatrons head on the twins lol]

6. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Well, I can see ow you would percieve him as having a more serious appearance,however I feel that the design that Sharkey has drawn would best reflect his personality as portrayed in the G1 era.

The movieverse itself has attempted to maintain a sense of familiarity with all of the characters, while delivering that in a more contemporized style. Wheeljack seemed to miss out on this in DOTM.

I don't think that any of the Autobots are weak and frail, and even Wheeljack should have defended himself with more nobility than what they portrayed.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Wheeljack's an inventor, but he's also supposed to be far from helpless.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    And then there's the people who say that their faces are too alien and crazy. You cannot win.

Sentinel's face was by the far the most "human", and I think it worked the best. The complexity of his facial features just added to the performance.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Oh god. You've just given me nightmares for tonight. I can imagine them as little horrible goblins.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preferred the earlier concepts of him where his kibble became his lab coat.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Agree.
    Agreed.

12. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

13. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I feel like the only one who actually liked every aspect of the head design...I found it very creative on the designers part. As for the name...well I'm okay with him being Wheeljack. Oh sorry, Quejack

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I don't mind human-like faces - Sentinel, Jetfire, and even the Dreads look great with their "hair" which is really metal. But it doesnt sit right with me that Que has organic hair and a mustache and such organic looking face, while Jetfire for example had a metal beard and what not. Sentinel managed to look fantastic and human like, yet was still clearly a robot. Que was kinda weird up close, and I can't help but imagine that mustache has as a big toothy grin instead, especially from a distance. It was very hard for me to make out his actual "teeth" at first.

The rest of his body is just fine; I dig that MechTech spear he's got, even if he never fought. He might as well been introduced in ROTF in Jolt's stead, since they're both practically useless "characters" who are blue sports cars.

15. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

i know he supposed to not be weak but to make him strong and warrior like you would have to change his character to a completely different Wheeljack. Unfortunately in the movies hes an old man so im saying if you want a warrior Wheeljack you have to change his character.

And if i could change the character to a Wheeljack that could defend himself i would. And yes it does look bayverse style and you would recognize him as Wheeljack.

16. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    I would've preferred this design by Arron Sims.

Though really, anything would be better than what we got. As someone who loves the movie designs, I still can't stand Quejack's zombie grandpa head.

17. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That one looks nasty....it looks like you walked out of a swamp.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    But it's not organic hair. It's basically thin, fibre optic cable-type dealios. True, it's the closest thing to "human" hair that the characters have add, but it's definitely not organic. It's simply a different technique used to make "hair".

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Well, yeah. Of course, that's the point.

Also that concept is really boring. It looks like one of the generic Decepticons.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Wait, how is that any less zombified looking than Que's actual head?