Wheeljack's and Windcharger's death

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross79, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Macross79

Macross79 Banned

In TF:TM, we got to see Prowl, Brawn, Ratchet, Ironhide and Optimus getting killed by the Decepticons. At one point during the Battle of Autobot City, we saw both Wheeljack and Windcharger dead on the floor with huge gap holes in their chest. Does anybody knows or was it confirmed who killed them? I know it's the Decepticons? But which one(s). That scene was after Kup and Hot Rod got into the City and the doors closed and locked. But where they already dead before Kup's and Hot Rod's arrival?

Thanks

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

This is a loaded question for two reasons
    first of all those scenes were never animated so no one could really tell you who killed who with an e real or official sense of certainty

Second not everybody agrees with whether or not all those characters were actually killed

3. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

Originally wheeljack was supposed to be replaced by Smokescreen, and in some animation panels, it's not confirmed who killed them, just that they went under heavy fire. Another animation panel that was supposed to be in the story was Red Alert getting shot down by the Constructicons but that never happened.
    So really we don't know who killed wheeljack or Windcharger, but we can assume it was just heavy fire.

4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Same thing with Huffer, he was supposed to be manning the Turret that Devastator smashed and was supposed to have a quote akin to "We are finished" or something.

5. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

How do you know this?

6. pilot00

Long time ago (like a decade or something), I remember searching and finding the entire script (plus the cut content) published by some guy. Its the same thing of how I learned about the scene (that didnt make it to production) with Ultra Magnus ferrying the carbots to combat Devastator.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

News Credits:
    Well through process of elimination you know it wasn't Shrapnel or Kickback because they were being smashed by Kup and Hot Rod, or Megatron for giving the order shortly before. That would go for any decepticon in the shot with Megatron too.

8. Altered Prime

actually that logic doesn't hold up

When any of the insecticons are concerned process of illumination is never a factor

9. pilot00

You can...Sort off. If it were insecticlones, the moment they became innoperable or cut off from the controlling insecticon they would crumble into parts, as shown in the "Plague of insecticons" episode.

10. Altered Prime

Yeah that doesn't hold up either, the clones disappearing for reasons like that only happened in the episode in every other episode featuring the clones they had to be destroyed the hard way

11. pilot00

They didnt show the bodies as far as I remember or them losing cohession at any point. Is there a specific episode asside the mentioned above that shows it?

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack is the cause of his own and Windcharger's death. One of his gadgets exploded, killing both. Actually, it had happened a few days earlier but nobody else had come in the room until Arcee found them. So it will go down in history they died bravely fighting the Decepticons but in reality, it was Wheeljack's carelessness that did them in.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Altered Prime

episode names escape me right now but the two that I can think of right off the bat would be the one with the robotic insecticide and the one that introduced the Protectibots

14. pilot00

Will check those out then.

15. Altered Prime

Another example is the animated movie

The insecticons, and presumably the clones, Took part on the attack of autobots city.It was either the original team or the clones that got reformated into Cyclonus,Scourgeand the sweeps

If it was the original team that got reformated, then all the insecticons we see later in the film must be clones that survived with out the original team

If it was clones that got reformated , then those clones survived, without being near any signals from the originals, and did not disappear due to damage or the loss of control from the original team

16. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Okay, that's a funny comment. :lol 

I'm also amused that the thing G1 Windcharger is best known for is dying off-screen.

17. pilot00

The damaged insecticons aboard Astrotrain show signs of sentience though, as opposed to every other itteration of the clones. So did the incecticons who were damaged durring the battle of autobot city. The precedence that the clones cant operate without the originals is set. What we see on screen after the reformating sequence is the same thing regarding Skywarp and Thundercracker in Starscreams corronation: Animation/Script errors.

18. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I have a similar theory. When the cons attacked autobot city, Wheeljack unveiled some new invention, and Windcharger, knowing what would happen if the cons got ahold of it, gunned down Wheeljack and his device. Then turned his weapon on himself, not being able to cope with what he had to do to such a close friend.

19. Altered Prime

yeah I used to think the exact same thing , but the evidence doesn't bear that out so I was wrong then and you're wrong now.

The same episode that showed the robotic insecticide, shows groups of insecticons behaving as if they were talking interacting with each other and certainly looking rather sentient

And as you mentioned the insecticons at the Battle of Autobot City and on the shuttle also showed signs of sentience, but so did the ones scene throughout the rest of the film and then season 3

So "the precedence" you mentioned, that the clones cant operate without the originals, is out the door and worthless and doesn't hold up under the scrutiny of the rest of the evidence

Skywarp and Thundercracker had no lines so it's easier to accept that issue as common errors the same can't be said about the insecticon issue

20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

While it was never 100% confirmed during the movie or the episodes that followed, I do feel that Wheeljack and Windcharger did perish either during the battle, or immediately following (as Optimus Prime did).

I'm not certain that has to be the case. Were Wheeljack and Windcharger actively shown in between when Kup and Hot Rod ran over Shrapnel and Kickback, and when Arcee was shown dragging their bodies? Isn't it at least possible that Wheeljack and Windcharger had sustained the damage that they did before Kup and Hot Rod ran over the Insecticons?

Yeah, I never saw any reason to believe that the Insecticons that were featured during the movie were anything other than the genuine articles (not clones).