Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I know they wouldn't have time to elaborate upon this idea in the film, but gosh-darn! That is one really spooky and awesome concept! It's like someone who's been in a horrible car accident. They're still alive, but badly disfigured, but they keep soldiering on.

After all, someone has to make them awesome inventions! :lol 

As for the character, I am indifferent to the name. Is he a crazy scientist/inventor? Does he look the part? Does he have strange "things" on the side of his head that glow when he speaks? If it's Que, then fans complain that he's not called Wheeljack. If he's called Wheeljack, then fans complain because he doesn't look like the traditional Wheeljack and it's just a name slap.

Design-wise? It's all right. Not my favourite, but far from the worst thing ever. I think the whole "Shockwave screwed him up royally"-explanation is awesome beyond belief, but unfortunately wasn't explained (nor did it need to be) in the movie.

Let's just keep in mind that BOTH NAMES are listed in the credits.

My only complaint is that he should've been present in the movie more. A little more screentime means that hopefully more people would've recognized/acknowledged/cared about him when he died. He drove by the camera, made his introductory debut, stayed in the background. Wasn't seen again until the Autobots were exiled. Then showed up briefly in the background again when they returned. Then he gets captured and killed. I think he should've been involved in the highway chase. Or even during Sentinel's rampage. Although I guess that those two scenes are linked, so if he's in one, he's in the other to an extent.

2. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Jolt was a complete waste of total Cybertronian Badassness. He was just a really really nicely designed robot. His Bot mode while at the airbase when they were being surrounded I thought was just beautiful. He is easily one of my favorite if not THE favorite Autobot from the movies. His new deluxe mold does a pretty nice job showing off his "wings". I am still playing with a Human Alliance Jolt in the little world inside my head. (Please Hasbro make my world a reality!!!! :bowdown:  )

Now onto the subject at hand.

I'm not going to address the "Why" on the head issue. I think several have already cleared that up with posts about the comics. I will at least agree with the issue of the "hair". That is something I could have really done without. Robots with hair just seems a little far fetched.

But as far as him looking like an old human... ALL along while watching him... I simply took his "look" as homage to Albert Einstein. Who many regard as one of the greatest scientists and inventors this world has ever known. With Wheeljack/Que being a scientist/inventor... I was just under the impression that he may have taken on that look out of respect and admiration for Einstein. Just like Jazz took on the speech qualities of someone who is into hip hop. It's not wrong, just a personal preference of their individual personality. Such as Dino/Mirage speaking with an Italian accent. Maybe the dude just likes things from Italy.

So Wheeljack wanting to be called Que can simply be the fact that the dude likes Q from Bond, and wanted to be called the same. Hence the reason he speaks with an English accent. He just freaking likes England and Bond films... Get off his case already. (Example: My wife is from Ecuador, but LOVES all things from 1800's England. So why can't a Cybertronian feel the same way?)

And as far as the glasses... If they are not an homage as I mentioned above, If I remember correctly... there was a scene where the mechanics of the glasses where adjusting as he came in close to the humans. Perhaps his "glasses" are really actually needed glasses. To help with small details while inventing. I mean Cmon... a 25 to 30 foot robot making weapons that can fit a human hand obviously needs to be able to work on very small tedious parts for his hands and vision. The glasses are no doubt there for that reason. Plus the guy is old. Why can't a Cybertronian need help with old optics just as a human, or even an animal, say your dog needs. Even camera lenses can get old and wear down and get blurry.

With all of that said, I loved Wheeljack. He fit his role nicely. He was an inventor and made some awesome stuff that just sometimes didn't work. My wife and I both found his death incredibly sad and uncalled for. And obviously he knows how to fight even though we didn't see it. Did you see the size of that Rifle on his back??? Probably a sniper style rifle. So he is probably more used to tagging targets from far off and not hand to hand combat. Besides, if he sucks at fighting, why is he not the only one caught??? Dino, Bee, and Ratchet are right there with him!!!

3. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    :bay  this pretty much sums it up.:thumbs2: 

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Why couldn't they make Jolt Wheeljack in ROTF and that way we could have just used that design for DOTM.

5. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

The face = It's supposed to look realistic and convincing.

6. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Just realised - Does Q have seatbelts wrapped around his neck?

7. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

I didn't mind him honestly but he didn't really do much. All that bothers me is that I'm still not sure if he's supposed to have a mustache or bad teeth.
    Yes Wheeljack is indeed a nice nickname for Q but I prefer his real name.

I swear this is becoming the new Frenzy/Rumble.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Actually, Wheeljack isn't that good of a nickname for Que.
    Einy (Doc Brown's nickname for his dog) fits tho.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Keep telling yourself that, still doesn't mean it's true.

10. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    is this cause of my sig ;)  lol.

:lol 

speaker 1-mirage red, wheeljack blue!!!!!!
    speaker 2-Diino red, Que blue!!!!

11. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    His head was very awkward, not pleasant to watch, toher than that he was fine, and I like to think of him as Q and not wheeljack.

12. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Damn Bruce Willis, shouldn't you be fighting bad guys in sky-scrapers instead of trying to get a rise out of everyone? He is Que as much as he is Wheeljack and he is Wheeljack as much as he is Que. Stop acting like you're more right than anyone when you're not