2D Artwork: Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by HiKaizer, Jul 29, 2009.

1. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

After my redesign and with the deadline looming tonight I'm submitting my entry. I thought about Wheeljack and although he is an engineer, he also loved to race and think on his wheels so to speak. Thus I wanted to capture a feeling of a sleek sporty athlete but at the same time retain a kind of high-tech experimental engineer sort of vibe.

Basically the idea is that he has jagged parts in the sides of his forearms that can form different implements like a drill, cutting edge, soldering iron or other useful tools. The hands retract back when this occurs. I redesigned the face to make the fins more high-tech but they ended up being a little like parabola dishes, so I reflected elements of this design onto the back with the wheels and the flexible sheets that can form parabola like surfaces.

Wheeljack can use his blades in melee, otherwise he'll remain at range with his long cannon, which can extend or retract when not in use.

The vehicle form is a Vector WX08 concept car, something which I thought would be advanced and sleek enough to suit Wheeljack.

Attached Files:

2. Center64

Center64 Merc

Nice i like it he has a very living quality to him like he cld just start moving

3. Super001Dude

Super001Dude Well-Known Member

Great design