WheelJack Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deadend, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Generations 2011 Series 03 - Wheeljack - Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

So I was just looking at this. Same pic we've been looking at forever it seems and drooling, and it just dawned on me. He still has tracks feet, which then led my eyes up, he still has tracks knees too.

So have all the pics we've seen of WJ been mistransformed? Will it really be closer to how tracks is? Did someone just forget to twist the waist for the photo?

Even so, will you take the hit of limited knee articulation to have him look this way, or twist it around to be like Tracks?

Makes me curious to see one of these guys reviewed already. I hadn't noticed that behind knee and gray foot before. Wonder if it really will be there in the final released ones.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I'm ecstatic, means dying WJ red and switching heads with Tracks will work alot better than I thought.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wheeljack has a splitter and Tracks does not, I don't know the knee's issue you are talking about because I don't have a Tracks yet.

4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The feet and knees are what I'm refering to in particular. There are slight mold differences, but the thing about the knees is that tracks has high knee guards like drift and blur that block forward movement past a certain point. It's easier to explain if you see a video review or pictorial review of tracks to compare if you don't have one in hand to see what I mean. I didn't circle the spots in particular I'm talking about either like I should have at the start.

Edit, added a pic for reference, though in my rushing and using MSpaint, I chose a bad tracks photo and too thin circles. But now it shows exactly which spots I meant.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

If you look at any of the pics of RTS Tracks in the resources section, you'll see he has a sort of kneepad, that is what Deadend means. I'm sure it won't bother it too much. If it is changed, I'll swap those panels out when I do my Slicer and Road Rage

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a remould on the "back" of Wheeljack's legs. I love the idea of his legs being Tracks' legs reversed; it fits the look of his G1 toy really well.

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I was hoping for a remold too, that's why it surprised me I didn't notice that earlier. His front feet/heels, the headlight feet in the pic were remolded at least. But that big greyish black spot has me worried. Hopefully the pic was just taken from an early proto before final changes. If not, I'm wondering how the correct legs will differ in paint apps to tracks.

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    In an earlier thread there was a pic of Wheel Jack with different wings and also no knee pad on Wheeljack. I wonder if thats only the United version?

[​IMG]

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, this one sports different wings, and different leg mechanics with how the wheel comes down.

I hope the official is more like this, and less like that photo taken from BBTS.

You can still see remnants of the tracks feet, but at leas that kneepad is gone.

Attached Files:

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK now I know what you are talking about I would say in a couple weeks Takara will update their website with the final picture of this guy. He is due in March right? I'm sure Hasbro will be using the same mold it will just be painted different.