Wheeljack not respected?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I like the fact that you stated that the world was in danger regardless, but the same thing goes for the Decepticons. Why you think Megatron wanted to side with Prime? He knew that only a Prime can destroy Unicron with the Matrix of Leadership, and Prime using the Matrix he also knew that he wouldn't be Optimus anymore and a victory against the Autobots without a leader was in place. I am sure the Autobots would of fought with honor knowing their end is near.

2. ChromeBlade

ChromeBlade Well-Known Member

I think it was fairly obvious that the 'Bot's knew that Miko snuck along. Defending him wouldn't have done any good. The 'Bot's are holding him accountable because in the end, it was HIS CHOICE on whether or not to follow through.

3. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I disagree. It wasn't obvious. When Optimus asked Miko where she was going, she said she was hitching a ride with Agent Fowler and going home. She misled them with a lie.

4. ChromeBlade

All the same, I think they eventually figured it out before they walked in.

5. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet brought up the possibility of something bad happening to Prime if he used the power of the Matrix and the kids asked, but it was never established what exactly would or could happen, it was up in the air. Anyways, none of that has to do with what we were talking about.

We're talking about why Jack going to Cybertron was more acceptable than Miko going on a revenge rampage. Jack's mission was the result of an unexpected result of a mission to stop the world from ending. Regardless of the fact that Jack COULD have gotten hurt on his mission as well, there was no guarantee, since Prime had the possibility of returning and taking the key back and everything would be fine.

Miko's mission was guaranteed bad news because:

1. there's nothing good to come out revenge

2. she was pointlessly putting her life in danger by tagging along and helping a robo death match happen.

So, point is. Jack wasn't in any immediate danger until everything went completely wrong with the matrix situation.

Miko was in immediate danger the instant she went along with Wheeljack and they started blowing up Decepticon mines.

What's more dangerous? Holding a key in case something goes wrong, or going out into the middle of battle where you don't belong and something will go wrong?

I say the latter, and that's how Miko's mission was more dangerous, but hey, if you don't think so, it's on you I guess.

I dunno, they all seemed pretty surprised. Wheeljack's leg scraping against the floor caught their attention and then they saw Miko. They probably figured it out right then and there on the spot what happened, but I doubt they thought Miko was out there with Wheeljack (especially since, as far as they knew, Wheeljack had no idea who hurt Bulkhead).

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack is respected.

He's the one that doesn't give a shit about rules, he's not a jerk or stupid by any means, but he just does whatever the hell he wants because that's how he's used to live. I mean, he's been living by himself for what, thousands of years now? It doesn't surprise me that he's like that and it doesn't help that he IS skilled enough to live by himself.

7. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

Inferring from the different opinions expressed here, its clear there is a major lack of character development in the show. WJ is still reckless and let's emotions get the best of him, team Prime frowns upon his irresponsibility with a human when they in the first place put them in that position, and worst of all, Miko hasn't learned anything from her mistakes or shown any signs of maturity. It's a circus really where things come and go episode by episode and there is no real direction or gradual progression. I dont hate this show, I actually enjoy it, but its certainly not what its touted to be by todays standards.

8. ChromeBlade

Actually, judging by the aftermath of what happened in 'Hurt' over to the next few episodes, it shows she has matured. The revenge hunt played a role.

9. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    this

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I agree with Chrome Blade with how Miko's starting to look more mature after Hurt. As for Wheel it looks like that he's now aware that even if they got revenge it wouldn't help Bulkhead's condition.

The show actually does have some pretty good development all around. Arcee's really coming out from be nitter and revenge driven to being more caring and nobel,Optimus's starting to be more ruthless to the Cons,Ratchet's repsecdting humans a lot more now then on the start on the show,Jack's being more mature and brave,June's letting go of her overprotecting nature,and Folwer's being more trusting to the team. Even Miko's starting to show progress.

So yeah it does have character development all around. :) 

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    The giant war-fighting robot with a grudge brought the teenage girl along for a revenge mission instead of being responsible and taking her home, and was easily persuaded to take her to a place where he knew dozens of Decepticons would be, and then AGAIN decided not to take her home and brought her along to kill the guy. He put her in harm's way on purpose without really having to be persuaded twice. Sure, he felt it was alright, though to a certain extent its also insane. Unsurprisingly, the Autobots were pissed at him for making these decisions.

How is this even a discussion? Respect, sure. He's a good soldier, done a lot for the war, I'm sure. Trust? Not so much.

12. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -applause or somethin of equal value-

13. ChromeBlade

Thank you. Putting all the responsibility/blame on Miko is wrong.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This man gets it! :thumb 

15. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

No one is trying to remove the big guys guilt.
    But why is it so much more acceptable for team Prime to put the kids in danger then WJ, is beyond my comprehension.
    And how they can point fingers at WJ and not look at them selves just because Optimus now and then gives some crap moral speech, is for me nothing more then hypocrisy. But yet again Hypocrisy is a part of human nature. So i guess why people cant see, that it is completely the same.
    But i was actually expecting more from Bots.
    But still my expectations are nothing more then limited by the writers being primates. :) 

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Revenge isn't a rational choice. It was an emotional response to a very stressful situation. Plus, I imagine that sort of tit-for-tat response is very much how the Wreckers operate.

17. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Wheeljack not respected? say what, Arcee knows better.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not even that Wheeljack isn't respected as much as he is the one that doesn't respect any concept except "Do whatever the hell he wants".

Being a space-hermit war veteran does that to you y'know, you start not giving enough fucks, why should you? You're by yourself, everything is less complicated, and it's hard to stop operating like that.

19. ChromeBlade

Because they actually consider the risks and aren't careless when it comes to their well-being and safety. They always put the kids ahead of everything else.

Wheeljack... not so much, in this case.

20. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't putting all the blame on Miko. Wheeljack and Miko were both wrong. I guess I was miffed they were mad at Wheeljack but then they were all "Poor Poor Miko" when she was wrong too. Almost like she didn't have to answer for her actions as well.

I know they were trying to show kids revenge isn't good but at the same time not showing repercussions for Miko lieing to Optimus and stuff? Sometimes this show confuses me.