Wheeljack is now Que!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by caldo15, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am sorry but Dino and now Que ?? There are so many good names to licence from in Transformers . It seems like someone is blowing smoke , I cannot see them using these names .

2. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    We all know Bay likes to call the boys whatever he wants (Devestator=Brawl). My guess is he calls em Dino and Que but that they never get referred to by name in the film. Observe.

Skids
    Long Haul
    Mixmaster
    Ravage
    Scorponok
    Scrapper
    Frenzy
    Demolisher (Bay called Wheelbot)
    Sideways

All these and more had screen time and were never referred to by name. I have a feeling Mirage and Wheeljack will be the same. Especially if scenes from the novel play out.

3. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Skids and ravage were both referred to by name iirc.

4. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I have a solution to this Nelson character and all this bullshit he's stirring up: track his IP, find his house. Wait for him to come out, hogtie him, lock him in a stall at a local McDonald's restroom. Tell him he'll be released when he promises to stop the trolling.

That said, the reaction people are having isn't Nelson's fault. It's clear he wants the reactions he's getting; why give that to him?

And really, isn't it clear "Que" and "Dino" are the names used by the production staff as they're making this film? There's been a cloak of secrecy on all of these films, this is just an aspect of that.

5. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I still think that these are just on-set code names for the characters so nothing gets revealed during filming. There is always the occasional staff member who lets slip any info they can.

Demolisher was known as "Wheelbot" when filming, and Rampage was "Skipjack". These names always reflect on the characters persona in some way, in this example, the names portray how the 2 Decepticons move around. Demolisher used giant wheels, and Rampage's "legs" functioned kinda like a jackhammer.

The same concept can be applied to the characters Mirage and Wheeljack. Wheeljack, as we all know from the G1 cartoon, was a scientist and inventor who had a new gadget every so often. Thats why his code name is "Q". That character from the James Bond series did the exact same thing as Wheeljack. He developed all sorts of gadgets for Bond.

As for Mirage, Dino can just be a name to relate to Ferrari, since that is the vehicle mode of the character. Sure, its not as clever as "Q", but in the end, I doubt Bay and Co. really don't want to spend too much time devising clever set names when it really won't matter in the final cut.

6. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    They could be changing the names to save us from ourselves.

If two characters with names of beloved characters act so unlike them that it could cause the internet itself to implode with the ensueing nerdrage, changing the names at a late stage may be the only way to go.

7. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:

Not in the film they weren't. I could be wrong mind you, but if someone mentioned their names in the film, who was it?

Point is, we've had plenty of characters who have gone nameless on screen bc the movie powers that be don't see them as sentient characters, but as giant Rock Em Sock Em Robots. And that's my biggest disappointment with these films.

8. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I just wanted to point out again that the Latin pronunciation, and all the languages derived from latin (spanish, portuguese, italian, etc.), of Que is "Kay" and not "Kyoo". If they were really dying to have his name be "Q" as a not-too-subtle reference to Bond, they might as well spell it "Q" so people aren't confused.

9. Slogra

Slogra Member

Que?

10. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    what is with these stupid names?

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Skids was (really quickly by Mudflap before he got sucked into Devastator's maw) but not Ravage.

12. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

I agree. They sound like nicknames. And either way I doubt their names will be said alot anyway. Unless there is group interaction like the first movie. I can't imagine Dino being said by any of the autobots.

13. turbobungle

turbobungle SuperGodMasterPhil

If it's misinformation, it's boring... If they are the real names, in my opinion they are shite. Either way it's irritating. :( 

14. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

Que? = What? (in spanish)

and that is his nickname probably because of what everyone say, when they see his face :) 

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

16. Brokenn77

Brokenn77 Autobot Wrecker

Because Fuh-Wheeljack just doesnt have the same ring to it.:D 

17. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Agreed.