Wheeljack had the saddest death

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:

now that's a bit mean, we'll just excuse his seemingly old appearance to reflect his age and call it senility : P

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    It atleast stopped his whining...it was epic.

atleast the decepticons are brutally honest...they are there to win the war and kill autobots...autobots that want to "talk it out " or beg for mercy are uselessly annoying.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Look, if Que had been on earth since '07, and both him and Ironhide died in DOTM, I think Que would have had a much sadder death.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is quite silly from the way starscream is being killed.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yesss... :ev: 

I didn't care about Que, so I wasn't sad about his death. I was more shocked about Ironhide's death and extremely sad about Barricade's death.

6. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Wheeljack... my favorite robot in all of the movies... R.I.P buddy..:cry  I dont care what all you haters think of him, I think hes the greatest robot ever made! Much more detailed then all those other boring ass bots.. Ironhides death I could care less because he had his time in the other movies.. but why kill a new bot? why kill the scientist? Bay doesnt know how to use robots..

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I agree, his innonce was quite painful to watch.

As I said once, it is quite single-minded to think every single damn person in a War must be ready to die like a badass, God Damn'it, they're human [well, not exactly, but you got the point], some people just [GASP!] are afraid of dying, it is perfectly normal, and NOT a sign of cowardice.

I would call him coward if he decided to not go along with the crew to Chicago, or if he just ran away from the fight, or if he abandoned his fellows, but call him coward because he was afraid of dying? That's just cruel [and unfair].

I for one, think it was quite refreshing to see ONE Autobot who is not shouting catchphrases and breaking necks amidst battle, it would be ridiculous if the whole damn army was badass.

8. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

This I agree with. Yes I was sad how Que/Wheeljack died. But we can't forget about Ironhide because he's been with us since movie 1. I think that's what hit me the most. Now we'll miss all his lovable grumpiness. The latter was a new character we didn't see much of him and didn't get to know him much. As much as I thought Que/Wheeljack's death was sad because he was an
    Autobot, I just think Ironhide's was somewhat sadder.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. It's quite normal to feel scared in the midst of battle. At least Que never abonded his friends.

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I'll bet $10 that you'd turn into a giant blubbering pussy if a few guys held a gun to your head with the intent to execute you in cold blood. Another $10 says you're gonna try to refute this post as if you're a badass supersoldier that would utter some final poignant words as he dies for his ideals, instead of getting shot dead in an instant like 99% of people who actually fight and die in war.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    We finally get an movieverse Autobot that isn't merely a total badass, and the fandom writes him off as nothing more than a weak coward. Typical.

What? Was he supposed to yell "Shoot me motherf*ckers" in the scene to be worth the screentime?

12. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I don't think Ratchet or the Twins qualify as "badasses".

I don't think one can automatically assume that anyone that dislikes Que or that doesn't care about Que feels that way because "he isn't a badass".

My reasons for disliking Que are these: 01) I can't stand his design, and haven't been able to stand his design since first seeing it. And 02) he was little more than a fodder character to me - added in DOTM and used for a dramatic death scene. I don't care about him because he gets little to no screen time and was just added into was what the third and supposedly final movie in the series and he's really just another wasted addition.

If Dino had been in his place, I wouldn't have felt much different. And Dino qualified as a badass. I like Dino's design, but he's another wasted addition to me - Sideswipe 2.0. That's why their names and the arguments over them seem pointless to me. You have to turn to comics or fanon to see/turn them into characters you might care more about.

Frankly, the line I had issue with was "We're all a bunch of good chaps"....it just seemed very phoney - obviously added in to get audience sympathy and to add to the "dark, serious movie!!!!". I felt more for Bumblebee's almost death, and when I saw it in the theaters the general audience that I was with seemed to feel the same - the tension in theater was palpable when Bumblebee was almost executed.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Balder...yeah...uh...I'm gonna' need you to stop being so logical and smart, okay? Thanks.

But seriously.

THIS.

Agreed. But then again, did you honestly expect a rational response from the fandom? ;) 

It's also sort of like how people complain that Optimus suddenly became a whiny, wimpy wimp because he said "No!", "Please!", etc. to Sentinel during the final battle. You know, the part when Optimus had his arm torn off and blade impaled through his shoulder whilst being raked across the bridge and kicked to the ground by his mentor. Yeah, really. What a pussy for saying "Please!". :rolleyes2 

14. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

pretend its "Que" not wheeljack, that eases the pain for me

15. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I would be terrified, yes. Everyone fears death. But I wouldn't sit and beg for mercy, especially when the people are sadistic and cruel (Soundwave was twisted). It would be pointless.