Wheeljack for Hall of Fame 2012

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Stardust262, Feb 23, 2012.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I love Wheeljack. He's one of the only characters whose design doesn't look outdated after all these years.

2. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Officially voted :) 

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C'mon Wheeljack!!!

4. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As of right now he's in the top 3 :) 

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Not good enough! He must winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    We always have other fansites with other people to help us out.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Assuming they too have not jumped on the childish bandwagon.

Vote for Wheeljack or BW Megatron.

8. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    True, but that's assuming they're also voting for Wheeljack

9. prowler13

prowler13 Queen of Ferelden

Although I love Prowl, I voted for Wheeljack. I think I'm being brainwashed by a certain person here. :wink: 
    Seriously though, he is a great character who should get in.

10. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    Well I'll give you this; Wheeljack is more deserving than Minerva, just not as much as BW Megatron! :p 

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Swindle is still in the lead though Pal.

12. Hursticon

News Credits:
    Not if those make the logical choice: Vote BW Megatron - Everyone will receive cool new Roller Blades! :D 

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, because people who post online about children's toys and their supporting media need to be super mature at all times. This is really serious stuff we're dealing with here.

MINERVA!

14. SoundBlaster7

News Credits:
    fixed that for ya :p 

15. Hursticon

News Credits:
    I don't see a vote for Minerva as being childish, but I do see it as being a wasted vote...

When one could vote for the Glory of 'The Royalty' that is BW Megatron! :thumb 

16. SoundBlaster7

News Credits:
    Vote for Wheeljack! Go on... Ratchet approves

[​IMG]

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Building the Dinobots, Blowing himself up with his own weapons, ignominiously dying and going to Cybertron to save optimus in the cartoon was the most he ever did. and all of that was in the cartoon and in the space of season 1 and the Movie.

After that he was as forgotten about as Skids.

When Downshift was on Energon it was like "Oh Wheeljack I remember him (barely)".. he was a lot less popular than Hound was in the early days.

I have trouble seeing him as anything other than another also ran - though I suppose he's higher up the food chain than Hoist, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Grapple, Red Alert, Trypticon, Huffer, Brawl, Steeljaw, Smokescreen, Gears, Bluestreak, Trailbreaker, Skids, Punch/Counterpunch, Sixshot, Onslaught, Outback, Warpath, Slingshot, First Aid, Seaspray, Powerglide, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx or Silverbolt.

But I'd put him lower than : Jazz, Shockwave, Blaster, Jetfire, Hound, The Insecticons, Devastator, Ironhide, Ratchet, Kup, or Springer.

And about even with Mirage, Arcee, (not Prime Arcee) Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Tracks, Cliffjumper, Frenzy, Swindle, Octane, or Inferno.

I suppose if I wanted to be kind I'd say he's worthy of being considered of equal status as Thundercracker and Skywarp - but those two and other like say Rumble or Jetfire have had a lot build onto them in recent years Wheeljack has been largely ignored for most of the last 20 years.. so as such he has a lot of space to catch up.

Jazz is almost approaching the iconic status of Soundwave and Wheeljack doesn't really have that yet. if he was placed in to the hall now it would be more in anticipation of him featuring on the Prime show again later this season. not for say Building the Dinobots - as that is something a lot of people prefer to ignore anyway.

So I would say consider him again after "A" Wheeljack has been on the Prime show and maybe if they give him a FOC generations toy. As unless he has a huge role in some recent comics I don't think he really deserves it just yet. Though he's far from being a waste of space like say Powerglide, Sandstorm, Gears, or Broadside.

But then I'm not sure Rodimus has earned a slot either - and if he was put in I'd be thinking he's in their because of Energon Rodimus not Mr. I got Optimus Prime Killed and was such a louse leader I made Springer look good... and as the IDW comics now show Springer is a actually a bit of a d***head.

And saying he's defeated Unicron is a bit of a stretch as he even didn't do that properly and heck even Death's Head has defeated Unicron.

Anyway looking at Wheeljack and comparing him to say Tracks or Grapple is fine - that makes sense he's one of the team. but he's a bit sidelined by Ratchet and later even First Aid or AEC Red Alert or even Jetfire. Where's the need for an engineer when you have a Mecha-Doctor or a scientist ? Also his voice is a little silly too. a bit to much of an extreme regional accent for its own good.

I suggest a simple test ask yourself is he as important to the story of the Transformers than say Shockwave ? if not then leave him out - if yes then he's worth considering. But as I say I suspect if he did make it in it would be for Prime Wheeljack.

Otherwise the only good reason to put him or Sky Lynx in is to Troll Aaron Archer *which has some merit to some I suppose*

18. Hursticon

News Credits:
    Argh! - I didn't even see that! :tongue: 

...And both approve of experimental surgery on juvenile males! :eek: 

Vote BW Megatron, he'll ensure that no unqualified Autobot will experiment on Human children ever again! :tongue: 

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah did he make Autobot Spike and have something to do with that silly Autobot car Combiner too ?

Well I you see him as a comedy character he gains some points - perhaps Bay was right - he is a Mad Scientist after all.

20. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Typical response but I was actually referring to the Swindle campaign. But go on, keep it up.

And vote or Wheeljack or BW Megatron.