Minor/Repaint: Wheelie! Part 2, starting on the backpack

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Since I didn't want to use Override's weapon for Wheelie, I opted to fill the space with a removable backpack which could store his actual weapons in either mode. To make it a little more original, I'm building it from scratch using styrene sheet.

[ATT]2889[/ATT]
    [ATT]2890[/ATT]
    [ATT]2891[/ATT]

First pic shows the initial framework of the piece, while the second and third show it mounted on my test dummy, Coldfire, to suggest how it would fit in vehicle mode. The second pic also shows the Multimac guns I'm modifying for him, just balanced in place to give an idea of where they'll fit. They'll plug into holes in the sides of the pack.

[ATT]2892[/ATT]

The fourth pic shows the pack mounted on the partially-disassembled Wheelie, which at this point has also had the windshield sanded down. I plan to add a rubsign to his chest when it's completed.

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Nice to see someone else using multimac bits! I've got a huge stockpile build up from when they WERE avaiable around here, but are they actually still on the market somewhere?

Can't wait to see wheelie done, he does not get NEARLY enough love.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I have no idea if they're still available; I haven't seen them in ages. I picked up a couple of kits from discount shops years ago (I used to find quite a lot at Poundstretcher) - I've got a Mechmac Dragon Mac which has still got loads of parts left to donate...

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Yeah they showed up in our closeout shops as well, which is where I snagged mine, I know I got the Dragon, the Ape, the Winged-Tiger, and a few of the others. By FAR the best knock-off-Zoids ever.

D/L

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

In a lot of ways, I think they're actually better than Zoids. Zois are great and all, but they're designed to be assembled in a specific way, and aside from interchanging a few accessories, there's not much else you can do with them. Multimac stuff was at least modular, and you could disassemble the model and reform it into something else. That adds a lot of playability in my book.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    btw, RR, to see how I got the images to show up, just hit the edit button by the first post :)  I moused-over the list of attached images (right above the text editor box) and then added the image tags around those ID numbers that show up from mousing-over the listed images (the url shows up in the very bottom of your browser window, just look for the number after the words imageid= )

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks, mate. Actually. about half an hour after I posted this I saw the thread on putting images within the post... :p