Wheel of Time Author Robert Jordan Dies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolfguard, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/

"Eye of the World" was the first Fantasy novel I ever read, and I've always liked all the detail and character depth found in the world he created for the "The Wheel of Time" series. Rest in peace RJ.

...and the wheel keeps turning...

:rip 

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So...is 'WoT' over, or was it left unfinished? I read up through book nine, got tired of the "Three's Company" type misunderstandings and Nyneve (sp?) tugging her braid, and gave up. I tried to start reading book 10, and didn't even make it through chapter 1. Sorry for all his fans, though.

-Tony!

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Wow, that sucks. I was really into his books back in junior high, but as the series drew on and the books kept coming further and further apart I just drifted away from them. I always planned to go back and read the whole series straight through once it was finished.

Fortunately, the death wasn't sudden and he apparently left notes for how everything ended so someone else can finish up the last book. Still, it's a real pity.

4. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Kind of depressing, actually. I started reading this series shortly after it came out, made it up the end of the last book, and now who knows about the resolution?

I feel bad that the first thought I had after I learned of his death is "Damn, now it will never be finished!".

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Same here, only it book 6 or 7 for me. And the last few were an effort anyways.

It's my understanding that the book is functionally finished, though. Saw a post on another board of mine that they've already set publication dates and everything, which apparently means that the manuscript is basically set.

First WoT convention was to be held in Atlanta next year, also. Wonder if it'll still happen.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Damn, he was a great author, and he made sure still to tape how it would end to finish his legacy. A great man he was.

8. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

This sucks. Hardcore. I am in the middle of my reread of the series. I was hoping that he would have it finished by the time I got that far. I am seriously bummed out. While it is hard to read, it is much easier the second time around. At least it was for me. Man, my prayers are most certainly with his family. So sad.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really too bad. I never read the books but I bought a lot of them for my dad as birthday/Christmas presents. He always really enjoyed them.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have 3 of his books for Wheel of Time. He will be missed.